TGS.com has shut down.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Jimbo, Jun 21, 2012.

1. TGSCOM, otherwise known as The Gun Source.com has shut down. The online gun site has closed it's door due to a series of complaints of unfilled orders. However, the media is trying to lay blame in another place. TGSCOM is the site where the Virginia Tech shooter bought his gun, and the more recent Pittsburgh shooter also. More info at the link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57457366/gun-dealer-linked-to-3-mass-shootings-closes/

In my humble opinion, this has nothing to do with what people did with their guns after they purchased them from TGSCOM. It has to do with poor customer service, and what on the surface appears to be a dishonest person trying to get over on people. Time will tell. Has anyone here had any dealings with them?

Jim

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Yes, 3 months to get one basic item. I quit using them.

3. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

I ordered a firearm from them (one of their other websites). Despite being assured that it was in their stock, I cancelled after waiting for it for 4+ weeks.

Good thing out of this is when I cancelled my order, I also changed my mind about what I wanted to buy & and ended up buying my first Glock.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Good riddance. I'm tired of people being confused about his sites being associated with the various manufacturer's and of people constantly complaining about his various sites.

5. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

And this is why I HATE the media!!! As long as they did what they are required to by law to sell a firearm they did nothing wrong .

6. antek

antek New Member

They should be shutdown for not filling in orders on time! As far as the media, they'll say anything to get a story.

7. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Never dealt with them, but before I buy anything online I check with the BBB. It will save a lot of trouble with a less then desirable vendor.

Screw the media hoopla.