Glock Firearms banner

2321 - 2340 of 2357 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
TEXAS! So when does this weird storm season end? We just had one go thru the North Frisco/Prosper area. It went from moderate rain to horizontal rain to extremely strong wind blowing counter-clockwise to nothing... all within 5 - 10 minutes. Then several fire trucks went up Preston, followed by a few ambulances. WTH?! :)
...and now it just happed again on Sept. 19th...What a mess! We got very lucky...No flooding damage but came VERY close on 1 car and the house. I’m ready for some cooler weather and some varmint/hog hunting. Going to Mineola Texas for Thanksgiving and sure would like to get some hogs. Many of the locals call the hogs “Piney Woods Rooters” out there.

·
Gunslinger
9,760 Posts
Apple just announced they will be moving manufacturing of the iPhone 12 from China to Texas.
That is fantastic. What do you think about 5G? Is it time to invest some dollars in the smart phone industry? Apple in particular? Seems like there is a big change coming. Everybody buying new phones?

·
Super Moderator
62,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,326 ·
That is fantastic. What do you think about 5G? Is it time to invest some dollars in the smart phone industry? Apple in particular? Seems like there is a big change coming. Everybody buying new phones?
My method of investing is much more conservative than most. If you are under 40, I advise folks to find a fund that matches the S&P 500 and park your $$$ there. If you are over 40, I advise folks to invest in tax free municipal bonds.

·
Banned
867 Posts
At age 40 most would tell you to have 60% in the stock market and 40% in fixed income investments. Vanguard has a low cost S&P 500 fund, but I would recommend the Total Market Index Fund over the S&P 500 fund. But either one is the right approach. Those are no load funds, with low expenses. Make sure you buy "NO LOAD" funds from a reputable company, or you can actually buy what they call "spiders" (ticker symbol SPY) and that is an exchange traded fund. Gets you the same investment basically.

If you are not currently in the stock market, I would not suggest you dump your 60% in all at once, but use the dollar cost average method to invest.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I heard 5G is very bad for wildlife, people, etc. regardless of who has it first. The Hertz range can be very damaging.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My method of investing is much more conservative than most. If you are under 40, I advise folks to find a fund that matches the S&P 500 and park your $$$ there. If you are over 40, I advise folks to invest in tax free municipal bonds.
I'd go with REAL Gold and Silver(no paper) because the Fed will be gone(Unconstitutionally imposed in 1913 and never been audited anyway) and the petrodollar imposed by Nixon in 1971 is goin back to Gold backed dollar, no matter your age. The central banks are based on debt and borrowing more to cover that debt(just keep printing money that looses value every time) to the point where they're now paying money to borrow it. Negative interest. Can't go on like that for long!!!! Go Trump!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am a little curious about Corpus Christi. I've seen pics. It looks like a cool place to live. By the gulf... warmer weather... no snow... However, when I checked the crime stats I was a little surprised. Really high violent crime! What's the deal?

I've never heard anything bad about the city... All I've ever heard is there's good food and many beaches.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am a little curious about Corpus Christi. I've seen pics. It looks like a cool place to live. By the gulf... warmer weather... no snow... However, when I checked the crime stats I was a little surprised. Really high violent crime! What's the deal?

I've never heard anything bad about the city... All I've ever heard is there's good food and many beaches.
Yeah, my ex Bro-in-law lived there decades ago as a Marine. He called it 'Corpus Crispy'

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Last time I went to Corpus was to watch the Astros AA farm team at Whataburger field, the Corpus Christi Hooks, but I usually go there for the fishing. Corpus is home to the very first Whataburger, which is still there and it’s a big 2-story location.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Even with the increasing population of Texas with people coming from the blue states, I still think these anti-gun folks are greatly outnumbered in Texas. However, this is still very concerning because younger folks are more impressionable (or I should just say more ignorant) of how important our 2nd Amendment rights are. Let’s hope these younger Texans listen to their parents/elders more than these misguided anti-gun people. At least I can say my own 2 sons grew up having a love and respect for firearms with SAFETY being drilled into their noggins every step of the way.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Even with the increasing population of Texas with people coming from the blue states, I still think these anti-gun folks are greatly outnumbered in Texas. However, this is still very concerning because younger folks are more impressionable (or I should just say more ignorant) of how important our 2nd Amendment rights are. Let’s hope these younger Texans listen to their parents/elders more than these misguided anti-gun people. At least I can say my own 2 sons grew up having a love and respect for firearms with SAFETY being drilled into their noggins every step of the way.
Might behoove everyone to take these younger ones to a good Texas range for a taste of the good life!

2321 - 2340 of 2357 Posts