Glock Firearms banner

2301 - 2320 of 2357 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
No question some are due to fracking, but there were earthquakes in Texas before there was fracking.

But, you can't say anymore that Texas does not have earthquakes.

And seems like Texas has gun control. Not just any moron can go in and by a gun. You have to be a government approved moron to legally buy a gun. Aren't background checks a form of gun control ?
When I sold guns I would say, if the 2A is a right why do we need to fill this out? Not to mention that if any answer is incorrect even an innocent mistake, the person can’t be sold a gun. I believe we should have the same form used for voting! You have to show an ID! Any fraudulent use and you’re subject to a 10 year prison sentence and $10,000 fine!

·
Gunslinger
9,760 Posts
When I sold guns I would say, if the 2A is a right why do we need to fill this out? Not to mention that if any answer is incorrect even an innocent mistake, the person can’t be sold a gun. I believe we should have the same form used for voting! You have to show an ID! Any fraudulent use and you’re subject to a 10 year prison sentence and $10,000 fine!
I agree in principle. But who decides what is an innocent mistake and what is fraud? A bunch of damned lawyers and judges.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
I agree in principle. But who decides what is an innocent mistake and what is fraud? A bunch of damned lawyers and judges.
Actually as a gun seller any “mistake” disqualifies you. The questions must be, first yes and basically the rest no. Immigration/citizenship questions are different.
Put name on form incorrectly, your done.
Didn’t know transferee meant buyer, too bad your done.

Some places might be a little more understanding but BATFE don’t play. Places like Academy or big box gun stores drill their associates that anything other than what’s acceptable is a NO SALE!

You pop a delay and the FBI doesn’t send back a definitive proceed, you’re done.

If the seller thinks circumstances were suspicious, you can be referred to FBI/BATFE and in essence you can have a lifetime ban with almost no recourse.

Isn’t the popular quote, a right delayed is a right denied?

The left gets in all sorts of contorted positions claiming no restrictions on voting.

The current FBI/NICS background checks were set up to be a gun registration scheme somewhere down the line. It could easily be turned into that. Democrats have been salivating to implement that at some opportune time.

·
Gunslinger
9,760 Posts
Actually as a gun seller any “mistake” disqualifies you. The questions must be, first yes and basically the rest no. Immigration/citizenship questions are different.
Put name on form incorrectly, your done.
Didn’t know transferee meant buyer, too bad your done.

Some places might be a little more understanding but BATFE don’t play. Places like Academy or big box gun stores drill their associates that anything other than what’s acceptable is a NO SALE!

You pop a delay and the FBI doesn’t send back a definitive proceed, you’re done.

If the seller thinks circumstances were suspicious, you can be referred to FBI/BATFE and in essence you can have a lifetime ban with almost no recourse.

Isn’t the popular quote, a right delayed is a right denied?

The left gets in all sorts of contorted positions claiming no restrictions on voting.

The current FBI/NICS background checks were set up to be a gun registration scheme somewhere down the line. It could easily be turned into that. Democrats have been salivating to implement that at some opportune time.
I agree with your opinions and it scares me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It makes me wanna go buy a dremmel. I wonder how many frames I'd destroy before I got it right. LOL

The Federal government is basket full of Obama-ites. They want to destroy this country. They want to take our guns, erase our history, and make right wrong and wrong right. Its like a bad sequel to 1984. Ugh!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Southern California. Most of my time was in San Bernardino County. I worked in LA County. I retired in San Clemente... before I moved to North Idaho and North Texas.

Are you from that approximate area?

·
Gunslinger
9,760 Posts
Southern California. Most of my time was in San Bernardino County. I worked in LA County. I retired in San Clemente... before I moved to North Idaho and North Texas.

Are you from that approximate area?
No, I just hadn't read the news. I am from Bama. Have lived in many places but find myself back in Bama for my waning years. I am glad you escaped form California.

·
Gunslinger
9,760 Posts
I've heard good things about Alabama. I have a female friend who is there right now, at an Army base, visiting her son. Someday I'll cruise down that way. I've got a buddy who retired on the Gulf side of Florida. I plan to check out all the states along the way.
I lived in the Gulf Coast for thirty years. It is well worth checking out. Beaches as pretty as you will find anywhere. I worked at the Naval Air Station Pensacola for twenty years. Retired and moved to Bama to be with my kids.

2301 - 2320 of 2357 Posts