Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be headed to Tennessee in a week or so and my license is good there. For those that live there...how friendly is the state toward concealed carry? Are there a lot of places off limits?

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Pretty much the standard places. Government buildings, Bars, Liquor Stores and I think if they've got a sign saying "No Firearms" that you're suppose to follow it. You might try doing a Google Search on TN. Firearms and CCW laws, heck, I should probably do it as well. Since I don't go to bars anymore and only run into the Post Office to check my P.O. Box I really don't worry too much about the places where I carry. Besides, if you do your job right no one will even know ya' got it anyway. ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm scheduled for the TN CC class on 11Aug so I'll be able to give you some current info that night. I just moved here with family, bought a house and plan on carrying everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I will be headed to Tennessee in a week or so and my license is good there. For those that live there...how friendly is the state toward concealed carry? Are there a lot of places off limits?
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Why not learn the law yourself and what behavior you will be held accountable for while there?

If you end up in an encounter with a LEO while in TN I don't think your explaination of, "Well Sir, that's what I learned from some well meaning folks on the internet."

You potentially stand to become a felon simply by not knowing what your actions can bring down on you and your family. IJS........;)

Here is a good start to get you headed in the correct direction. http://www.handgunlaw.us/

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Why not learn the law yourself and what behavior you will be held accountable for while there?

If you end up in an encounter with a LEO while in TN I don't think your explaination of, "Well Sir, that's what I learned from some well meaning folks on the internet."

You potentially stand to become a felon simply by not knowing what your actions can bring down on you and your family. IJS........;)

Here is a good start to get you headed in the correct direction. http://www.handgunlaw.us/
I realize that. I have been reading up on the laws. Just wanted to get some views of the people that actually live there. I am a firm believer that ignorance is no excuse...which is why I am trying to use all resources to learn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts