Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any long term reviews?
I'm looking for a 22 and this one checks a lot of the boxes. I'd like more magazine capacity, but the Taurus is in the top of the heap on that too, it would seem.
I know some have them, because owning a Taurus is like riding a scooter. They are fun, you just don't want your friends to see you.

Reactions: Old Bloke

· Gen 3 G19 Shooter
3,217 Posts
I love mine.
Zero problems through 2500 rounds and it eats any standard or high velocity ammo I feed it. It also does well with CCI sub-sonic (haven't tried Remington yet).

I got a spare barrel so I could swap for RDS or Iron Sight divisions in Fun Steel.

I also got some Tandemkross +5 bases for a larger capacity.
I used the spacer included for under the spring and only load them to 20 rounds, but they have been absolutely flawless.

Air gun Trigger Ammunition Bullet Food

White Light Hood Air gun Motor vehicle

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Link? 20 is more the round count I was hoping for. That would be great.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Gen 3 G19 Shooter
3,217 Posts
I thought I’d like the plus 5 wingman. I really like the flat trigger. But, I’m not a fan of the +5. Reason, the casings get dented when loading those last 5 rounds because you have to remove the mag wings when using the wingman.
Are you using the TX22 loader?
I haven't had any deformations in the shells when using this:

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. After the response here and on another forum, I ordered one. I'll pick it up on Monday, probably, and see how it goes. Finally cool enough to go shoot.
Keep it coming, there is plenty to be learned.
Sparky has already cost me some extra. LOL

· Registered
188 Posts
Thanks guys. After the response here and on another forum, I ordered one. I'll pick it up on Monday, probably, and see how it goes. Finally cool enough to go shoot.
Keep it coming, there is plenty to be learned.
Sparky has already cost me some extra. LOL
I love my TX22. Check out the SS guide rod I ordered from Lakeline.

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Auto part Metal

Below you can see my Tandemkross Fiber optic sights. Adjustable, aluminum. I have a galloway precision +9 extension on an extra mag I bought. It's not perfect. I get some feeding issues out of that particular magazine, but, last time it was with some Federal Punch and I'd never used it before.

I dinged up the slide, because the sights needed filing, they have set screws and should've just slid right in. Didn't really care I just wanted them installed. Part of why I didn't care is a back up slide costs $99. I already have one just to have. There are no replacement parts for the frame but, the barrel, recoil spring, sights, even a conversion kit for the competition model, all within the realm of affordable if they have them in stock.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

I have like 500+ rounds of 40gr CCI Minimag Target loads that have all fired without issue through this gun. Copper plated/jacketed whatever it is. It's pretty fun to shoot.

· Registered
42 Posts
Link? 20 is more the round count I was hoping for. That would be great.
The new Sig P322 comes with 2 20 round mags. I have a few thousand rounds so far. It doesn't like cheap ammo. I have quite a few CCI 40grain Mini Mags and 40 grain Norma Tac 22 rounds with zero problems. It shoots great. I also have a Taurus TX22. Both are great guns. Go to a range that has both to rent. Pick whatever you shoot best.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
The new Sig P322 comes with 2 20 round mags. I have a few thousand rounds so far. It doesn't like cheap ammo. I have quite a few CCI 40grain Mini Mags and 40 grain Norma Tac 22 rounds with zero problems. It shoots great. I also have a Taurus TX22. Both are great guns. Go to a range that has both to rent. Pick whatever you shoot best.
Pros and cons one versus the other? Which do you recommend more?

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry. I have a VERY undignified history with SIG. Probably not a single thing to do with the use that most here have of one, but it's there. Overpriced and not very much worth any of it IMHO.
Have what you love, but I lost the love a long time ago when my life depended on it. No real love for 9MM for the same reasons, but that is another rant.

· Registered
42 Posts
Sorry. I have a VERY undignified history with SIG. Probably not a single thing to do with the use that most here have of one, but it's there. Overpriced and not very much worth any of it IMHO.
Have what you love, but I lost the love a long time ago when my life depended on it. No real love for 9MM for the same reasons, but that is another rant.
I now have three Sigs. The original P365-9mm, the P322 & just picked up the P365-380. My original 9mm I got mid April 2018. I have a little over 23,000 rounds out of it with zero problems. No FTF, FTE, jams, stove pipes, etc,. Still breaking in the P322. Around 1500 rounds. The P365-380 has around 550 rounds so far. Love them all.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two extra mags and 2 extender kits (4) arrived today. Got two of them put together, and they didn't want to go easy, LOL
Will see how it shoots in a few days. busy week with obligations and the lovely eye injection on Friday. Yes it is about as miserable as it sounds.
I sure hope all this is worth the admission. Nice ad ons for this already. I'll have to see how it all works out, but am optimistic.

· Registered
145 Posts
Absolutely love my standard model TX22, no manual safety. Got one with a good barrel and installed a hardened steel striker. This thing runs so well, I would definitely trust my life to it. Can mag dump in seconds and stay on target. No way is anyone taking 16 rounds of HV .22LR. Just wish there were some decent OWB retention holsters for it.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not too big a paddle holster fan, but this one has passed the sniff test and LostWife likes it for her G3c.
Holster

Reactions: Old Bloke and SJ 40
1 - 20 of 20 Posts