Glock Forum banner

Taurus / Rossi Firearms

8K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  GlockIt 
#1 ·
This thread is dedicated to all the firearms made by Taurus / Rossi.

If you own a firearm made by this company from Brazil, please post a few pictures and a brief description...

#3 ·
Rossi Ranch Hand

Here's a few pics of my newest toy...a Taurus / Rossi Ranch Hand.

It is a lever action repeating pistol holding 6 in the tubular mag...+1 in the chamber and will shoot both the .44 Magnum and .44 Special cartridge from it's 12" barrel. Overall length is 23 1/2" and it weighs in at 4 lbs. The metal is a matte blue and the furniture is made from Brazilian hard woods.

#5 ·
Background...

If this firearm looks familiar to some of you, it's because of the 60's

TV series called Wanted: Dead or Alive starring a very young Steve McQueen

as Josh Randall, a Civil War veteran who carried a sawed-off rifle as a holstered weapon

and made a living as a bounty hunter in the Wild West of the 1870s. The show ran

from 1958 to 1961. McQueen faked a car accident to put the series into hiatus while

he went on to film The Magnificent Seven.

#21 ·
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Taurus started out as a subcontractor for Beretta, then went independent (which is why the Taurus PT92 and PT96 looked so much like the Beretta 92s and 96s).

As they expanded, Taurus used another company as manufacturing subcontractor, who later went independent as well, Rossi.

Do I have the facts right?

#24 ·
jimmyalbrecht said:
I'm making payments to a friend on a Rossi .357 snub-nose revolver.
Had a Rossi 38 years ago, nice piece

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.