Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I've had great luck with Taurus revolvers. Are you talking about the stainless or poly model? I don't know why, but I'm not convinced I'd want a poly revolver, semiautos in poly are fine, but in a revolver it scares me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. I'm talkin bout the poly I havnt put more than 50 shots through it seems pretty sturdy it's material is a lot more dense than other polymers it's no comparison to my glock . But it's nice to have something with a little harder hit than a 9mm lol just hope it stands the test of time

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
Your Taurus has a lifetime warrenty, if anything breaks on it call em and send it back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gladesbassin said:
Your Taurus has a lifetime warrenty, if anything breaks on it call em and send it back.
Thanks for the advise I wasn't sure it was a lifetime warranty that's great

·
Happy Member :)
5,220 Posts
No prob, I own a semi auto .40 and my mag release wouldn't hold the mag in so I called an gave em my serial number off the firearm and they sent me a new mag release and spring..I could have sent it back for them to fix but that takes to long and I like to have as many firearms in the house as possible lol. Long story short they aren't the best firearms but if on a budget and you can't afford a more expensive weapon they aren't bad. Although I think the revolvers would be a different story since revolvers are usually more reliable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I'm a glock man lol but wanted something loud enough to wake the neighbors lol jk I looked into revolvers and settled on 357 and Taurus was more in my range at the time I'm happy with it I think it's a little difficult to shoot the recoil doesn't bother me eventho like u caught mike tysons fist in a punch lol but it has a 2 in. Barrel it's just gonna take some practice and practice equals $$$ but 38 specials also work so that helps eventho I'd rather practice with the rounds I plan on using

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The funny thing with .38 special vs .357 is that the perform the same in gelatin tests. It makes sense, because they are the same size and design, just one's going a little faster. The recommendation from Dr Roberts, based on his test results, is that the .38 is the better choice in a small revolver, because you get the same performance (the short barrel doesn't allow the .357 magnum to achieve its full potential), with less noise and recoil. You might want to load it with .38 rounds and call it a day.

The good thing is that, generally, the gun prices are the same, or very, very close, between those calibers, and with the .357 you have more options for ammo, so there's no loss in buying one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonm61 said:
The funny thing with .38 special vs .357 is that the perform the same in gelatin tests. It makes sense, because they are the same size and design, just one's going a little faster. The recommendation from Dr Roberts, based on his test results, is that the .38 is the better choice in a small revolver, because you get the same performance (the short barrel doesn't allow the .357 magnum to achieve its full potential), with less noise and recoil. You might want to load it with .38 rounds and call it a day.

The good thing is that, generally, the gun prices are the same, or very, very close, between those calibers, and with the .357 you have more options for ammo, so there's no loss in buying one.
I agree, and with .38 it's more accurate I have to aim a little low with the .357 probly because how light and short it is ... I talk the store into knocking off a few bucks but the price between .357 and .38 were within $30 I think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts