Take Your Daughter to the Range Day!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GAgal, Feb 8, 2012.

1. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I don't know if you have heard but June 9, 2012 will be the first annual "National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day". This effort is being organized by a great group of volunteers to promote girls and women in the shooting sports. Here are links to the official website and the Facebook page if you are interested in more information.

http://nationaltakeyourdaughtertotherangeday.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Take-Your-Daughters-to-the-Range-Day/225104034241369

If you have any special ladies in your life, please consider taking them to the range. It could change their life and your relationship with them in so many great ways. :)

2. Very cool, very cool indeed. Will be sharing!

3. can't wait till my daughters are ready for the range, my wife comes with all the time!

4. jelder

jelder New Member

Will b taking my wife on that day

5. Mine will be three months......thats old enough

6. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

My sweetie just turned 7, and I just might have to take her. She's been asking to go.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Re-posted on FB!

Nice!

I got two daughters, and boyoboy are they gonna be shooting!

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

FOTOS Top to bottom:

1. My youngest daughter (she was 8 at the time) and the Robar .50BMG that she fired. Yes, sitting with the rifle on a bench.

2. My eldest daughter firing a British Sten machinegun, full auto .45ACP. See the cases flying down (one near the ejection port, one near the table top).

3. My youngest going full auto on a Glock-18.

4. My youngest again, this time with an H&K MP5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  9. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

This is 2 days before my lil girl turns 14. What a great idea

10. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

HappySniper, might I ask where this is? Ive been trying to find a good outdoor range. Have just normal outdoor range here in Vegas.

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Djstudter702: these shots were taken at Mustang Range during the 2001 Machinegun Shoot. At the time I was only an RSO (now certified instructor). Mustang Range (note: NOT "Mustang Ranch") is located 9 miles south of downtown Fernley, about 500 miles north of you.

Have you tried the big range at the north end of Durango? That's the Clark County Range.

Also, throughout Nevada, discharge of firearms is allowed on public land (full auto and explosives with permits from local SO, Fire Dept and local NHP) so you can go out into the desert (make sure it is not Tribal Land and that you are not trespassing on private property) and that you maintain legal safe distance from occupied structures and roads.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

My youngest as of early last year, when she graduated from High School.

She wore her 3 Junior Olympic Gold Medals for 3-Position Rifle shooting, twice as State Champion. She also has her Honors Program sash and Dean's Scholarship cords. Daddy smiling beside her :D

Pic below that was her in her 3rd year receiveing an Academic Excellence Award in JRTOC. Most of the medals she has on are from various Varsity shooting competitions sponsored by or requiring JROTC membership.

Attached Files:

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

This is her today.

Shooting my G26 (it's pretty damn hard getting a pic with a casing in mid-flight, with a remotely-operated camera!)
    Middle pic is her with the M4 I built for her (yes, that's a 100-round twin drum! wooowheee!!!).
    Bottom pic same rifle. You can see an ejected case in front of her sunglasses.

Attached Files:

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Very nice! You must be really proud.

15. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I am so glad you guys are excited about this. :) Makes the mom in me very happy! :)

16. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Heh heh heh. Can you tell?

How many kids (or girls, for that matter) her age do you know of that have shot full-auto machinepistols (Uzi, Sten, Mac-9, Baby-M16, etc) as well as a full-size .50BMG rifle, and an M60E2 as well as pulled the lanyard on a black-powder howitzer firing bowling balls, who actually competitive shooting, and who "screen" prospective boyfriends by asking me to take them out and teach him how to shoot and then she mercilessly examines his shooting style!

A news crew flew out from Manila, Philippines to do a feature on her that was aired on national TV in the Philippines in 2009, here is the link to it....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f78KpzfU3I0[/ame]
    *PS* Forgive some of the dialogue in our native language, as well as the pro-nationalistic talk we were asked to mix into the interview. It was intended for an audience in the Philippines.

She was invited to participate in NRA's YES program (Youth Education Summit) and was interviewed for NRA's Women on Target program.

Unfortunately, she missed tryouts for training camp for pre-screening for the 2012 US Olympic Rifle Team in 2009 because she had finals that week (sob!).

In her very last competitive shooting event, the All-Service JROTC National Championships (Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard JRTOC programs for High School), she ranked 5th nationally.

17. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

@HappySniper Thanks for the info. I know of the Clark County Shooting Range at the end of Decatur where me and my gf usually go. Those are some good pics of your daughter and her rifle. I've taken a couple pics of my gf shooting and caught the casing in them. It makes the picture looks so much cooler.

18. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Happysniper1

You must be one proud papa, and with good reason. Good on ya for bringing new blood into the world of firearms.

19. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Djstuder702: Post the pics! Also, I think it was Decator (not Durango). <-- My bad! :eek:

20. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Here u go HappySniper, my gf at CCSR with her Glock 17 with the casing caught on camera.

Attached Files: