Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put a couple thousands rounds through mine now. I found that it loves Blazer 40gr lead round nose, the black, red, and silver bulk ammo; runs flawlessly with this cheap ammo.

It's an expensive 'toy' accessory, but its super accurate, entirely reliable with this ammo, and insanely fun. Not to mention its a great training aid for working on trigger pull/reset and even sight alignment; much cheaper than your regular ammo. I can keep a mag full of rounds in the head of a silhouette target at 7 yards nearly as fast as I can squeze the trigger.

I had some grand ideas about modifications awhile back to get it to run a wider variety of ammo, but I found that it works great with the cheap blazer, so why bother.

The only down side is field stripping; you have to get the slide lined up just exactly right for the slide lock to release for break down, and you have to use an allen wrench to take a piece of the inner slide out to remove the barrel. Not a terrible disposition, but certainly not as easy as a regular glock field strip.

Over all, I couldn't be happier with it

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Awesome! thanks for the review. It's nice to hear about the "other" conversion kit (as opposed to the AA kit).

I'd only disagree on one point.

It's not a "toy".

You listed a bunch of advantages to having the kit (accurate, reliable) but most importantly, it gives you trigger time on the same frame and trigger as your "full size" weapon, so I say you have an all around WINNING kit there. :D

BTW, the rapid fire mag-ful to the head of the silhouette is always a blast. :D

d

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, the rapid fire mag-ful to the head of the silhouette is always a blast. :D

d
Oh Yeah! Makes you want to strut like a badass after a mag drop to the head in about 2 seconds.

Than I switch back to 'real' ammo and have to drop to body shots to keep them on target that fast :eek:

I've developed an insatiable love for 22lr over the last few years. I still like to shoot every other caliber as much as I can afford, but being able to shoot a couple thousand rounds in a weekly range session without having to take a loan on the house to buy ammo is a great feeling. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:
After posting this I tore my TSG down and noticed I had slightly stripped the screws last time I put it together. I emailed Tactical Solutions, told them I screwed up, overtightened the screws, and asked where I could get replacements. I got an email back today saying, send us your address and we will ship replacements to you same day, no charge.

I told them I screwed it up, they didn't ask any questions, just where do you live. Great Customer Service!

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of TacSol all the time.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
bhale187 said:
UPDATE:
After posting this I tore my TSG down and noticed I had slightly stripped the screws last time I put it together. I emailed Tactical Solutions, told them I screwed up, overtightened the screws, and asked where I could get replacements. I got an email back today saying, send us your address and we will ship replacements to you same day, no charge.

I told them I screwed it up, they didn't ask any questions, just where do you live. Great Customer Service!

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of TacSol all the time.
+1000000
Awesome.
D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tactical Solutions TSG-22

Has anyone used this or heard about this. This is a conversion kit from tactical solutions to make a glock 19 into a 22LR

·
Registered
160 Posts
This one is on the market too. I was asking if anyone had experience with it.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not with the 19 model, but I have the TSG-22 for the full size model. I absolutely love mine, I think its the best money you can spend on a glock. They are however somewhat finicky on ammo. They suggest CCI minimags, and those work great, but are expensive. I found that without modification the CCI Blazier bulk box 40gr lead rounds work perfectly and they are super cheap (which is why you but the 22lr conversion anyway I'd say).

There are 'eat anything' modification tutorials on youtube and the like for both the TSG and the AA conversion. The modifications done are basically the same for both brands. I did not do all the mods on there because I don't have any problems with mine using the CCI blazer ammo. I did polish my entire barrel and polished the feed ramp just because I can't leave well enough alone sometimes :eek:

If you are thinking of buying one I'd say go for it. The TSG-22 is about a tie with my tacticooled out 10/22 for favorite guns to shoot. Just know when buying it that you generally can't use low velocity, SUPER hyper velocity, or light grain rounds as they won't cycle well. Stick to the CCI Blazer Grey, black, and red bulk box 40 gr lead any you can had a ton of fun for about $15 per 500rds while still getting good trigger pull and reset practice as well as grip and sight practise that will carry over to the 'full power' glock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got a gen 2 tsg-22 conversion kit yesterday. Already installed a set of Dawson fiber optic front and plain rear sights on it. Maybe get to shoot soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Took it to the range last weekend. Carried REM thunderbolt 40 gr hv, federal American eagle 40 gr hv, winchester 36 gr hv and federal auto match. Gun will not function with any of these. 90% of the time won't hit cartridge hard enough to fire. If I did get lucky and it fired it would not eject and rechamber. Took it to the range today with some cci 40 grain mini mags. Same problem:'( I then noticed something on the ground. The firing pin safety fell out of the gun when I removed the mag. What [email protected]#$%&. I'm pissed especially after seeing poor reviews on you tube before I purchased. This thing was $400. I will call them tomorrow or next week to report the problem. Hope they can make it right. I will keep this thread posted with any updates.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Threads merged.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got my kit back from ts a few days ago. Good customer service and prompt shipping, repair etc. They said they installed new firing pin housing, redesign I think. The extractor is deffinantly different. They also stated It functioned fine for 50rds of blazer. They stated it would not cycle minimags due to heavier Dawson sights I have installed? I'll report back after range trip. Can't find any blazer so may be awhile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took it to the range last weekend. Carried REM thunderbolt 40 gr hv, federal American eagle 40 gr hv, winchester 36 gr hv and federal auto match. Gun will not function with any of these. 90% of the time won't hit cartridge hard enough to fire. If I did get lucky and it fired it would not eject and rechamber. Took it to the range today with some cci 40 grain mini mags. Same problem:'( I then noticed something on the ground. The firing pin safety fell out of the gun when I removed the mag. What [email protected]#$%&. I'm pissed especially after seeing poor reviews on you tube before I purchased. This thing was $400. I will call them tomorrow or next week to report the problem. Hope they can make it right. I will keep this thread posted with any updates.
Same happened to me, also with CCI Minimag roundnose, the Firing Pin Safety (complete with it's miniatyre spring) fell out after around 20 rounds..
It doesn't work just to try to put the Firing Pin Safety back in, it falls out again.
Right now I'm wondering if I just should strip it all down and try to reinstall the firing pin safety.
Anyone with a fix?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts