Tactical Solutions 22 conv Modification

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by bhale187, May 9, 2012.

1. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I'd like to hear anyones thoughts on this.

Since the TSG-22 is blowback operated, and since it pretty much requires hi velocity 40grain ammo to operate I'm thinking lightening the slide will help in function on a lower velocity round.

My thought is to open up the top of the slide like a Glock 34. My father in law is a master fabricator and has the appropriate tools so having him do the modification is no problem.

Is anyone else following my train of thought on this? Am I way off base here?

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If high velocity is required to cycle the slide, I think your approach is logical. Weaker springs are not an option right? I don't know much about that system so I'm thinking out loud.

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I would hesitate only because a straight blowback system, which relys on recoil spring to operate, is carefully balanced/timed for function. If you change the slide weight and it's not exactly right for the round you use, it will throw off the speed of the slide coming back and you change the speed the slide returns to battery. If the magazine spring isn't pushing the next round up fast enough, then you get a FTF.

It's also going to eliminate the possibility of returning to that high velocity round.

4. bhale187

I've done some searching and could not find anything but a standard replacement spring assembly, so I don't think a weaker spring is available.

5. bhale187

Is that because the slide will cycle too fast and the mag spring will not be fast enough for pickup, or is there something else I am missing?