Tactical Shotguns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by CDR_Glock, Jan 31, 2012.

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

I have a Mossberg 930 SPX 8 shot 12 gauge. I load it with Express 00 Buck and I have 1 oz slugs on the buttstock. The Mossberg is very reliable and shoots any load once broken in. 00, slug and even target/birdshot.

However, I also have an FN Police Tactical and a Saiga 12 Tactical coming.

What type of shotgun(s) do you have?

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

3. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I have a Mossberg 930 SPX w/ pistol grip on the way from budsgunshop.
    What kind accessories do y'all put on your shotguns??

4. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

I only have a sling and shotshell carrier on the buttstock on mine. It already has the sights I need. A light would be useful but this is not something I'd be used to clear a house.

5. I got the Mossberg 500 cruiser pistol grip 12 gauge, just like shooter13. Awesome shot gun. Thinking about getting the top folding stock but there are a lot of mixed reviews on it.

6. malladus

malladus New Member

Remington 1100 Tac 4 with a few add on bits from DMW. Bought for the the local clubs 3-gun stuff, pretty low round counts, but it holds its own when I do my part.

malladus

7. Just got back from from the store and I picked up 20 rounds (10 rounds for a little over $13) of Winchester Elite PDX1 12 Defender. Anyone tried it yet? I personally like the idea of 3 00 buck pellets followed by a 1 oz slug.

8. MikeV826

MikeV826 New Member

Going to a gun show Saturday. Hoping to pick up a Mossberg 500 persuader to do some mods on. Theres so many accessories out there for them. Fun guns and great for HD. I love the spx you have.

9. mossy 500 persuader

Attached Files:

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

RIA M5, ordered a pistol grip for it so far.

Attached Files:

11. kj4963

kj4963 Active Member

Have a Remington 870 tactical, need to find a place to shoot it!

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Some great pics guys...keep 'em coming !!

13. MikeV826

MikeV826 New Member

Mossberg 500 Cruiser

image-2590105553.jpg

Just picked it up yesterday at a gun show. Brand new, out the door for $280. It came with the pistol grip, which is pretty worthless so I threw on the collapsible stock for $50. Also the put on the rail on top because i have a NcStar red dot sight on its way from amazon. Also ordered a green laser and a Laserlyte tri rail that mounts where the heat shield connects.

Can anyone recommend a good light that's not too expensive that i could mount on the tri rail up front? Preferably with a remote pressure switch.

Its a sweet project gun to have some fun with. And I think I got a nice price on it so I'm gonna throw some money into some accessories just for the hell of it.

14. MikeV826

MikeV826 New Member

@shooter13

Where did you get those swivel studs for your sling on the cruiser? I'm trying to figure out a nice set up for mine.

15. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I hope to get one of these when they hit the market enough to be sold at a reasonable price

[​IMG]

16. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

The shells look bigger than the mag well in the grip, unless it loads from the side like an old Sten gun.

17. bhale187

It's a tube fed pumper, dual tubes actually. Holds 12+1 of 3" or 14+1 of 2 3/4", or 22+1 of the 1 3/4 mini shells.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/shotguns/ksg/

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  18. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Ok, a bit off subject, but have a question for the LEOs.... Do any of your depts have short barreled shotguns (14") with pistol grips for building clearing? We've noticed that our M2s are a bit on the long side...

19. bhale187

We have 14" mossberg 590a1 with a shorter stock no pistol grip, they are OK for CQB, but I prefer an UMP, MP5 or an SBR AR15.