Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of the Black Aces Pro Series S 12-ga. semi-autos with the 14-inch barrel...the Turkish-made almost-clone of Remington's V3 TAC-13?

If so, what are your thoughts and opinions...good and bad...on it?

I really want the Remington, but since it's no longer in production, prices on the ones I've found are through the roof. I'll mention I already have a 12-gauge Shockwave and the 930SPX. Probably end up selling the Shockwave, because I'm moving away from pumps.

Office supplies Composite material Tool Engineering Metal

·
Registered
564 Posts
Turkey has several good gun manufacturers in my opinion. I would not feel bad about owning a gun from Turkey.
These days it might be better made than a Remington.
I have a Canik CZ 75 Compact clone that extremely close to the real thing. Mine is Cajunized and shoots better than my friend's genuine CZ Compact.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the 930 SPX’s!
The 930SPX can definitely give you the firepower you need for home defense, and without the extra effort you need with a pump. This is my second one, should never have sold the first one. Mine doesn't have the pistol grip stock. I'm also considering getting the Crimson Trace Laser Saddle for my 930SPX. And as far as I'm concerned, the SPX and the Beretta 1301 Tactical are basically the same gun, with just a few small proprietary differences, and the Beretta's about $400-$500 more expensive. I will say this, though. I had the opportunity to run about 25 rounds of mixed 00 Buck and #4 Buck through the 1301, and it does seem to have more smoothness to the action. It was noticeable to me when chambering the first round...the Mossberg felt a bit notchy or gritty compared to the Beretta. Then again, my SPX is still fairly new.

I tried to talk Mossberg Customer Service into selling me a barrel clamp like the one comes on their fairly new 940 Pro Tactical, but they wouldn't do it. So I ended up getting a Nordic. Haven't put it on yet.

But anyway, back to the Black Aces for a minute. I've seen good reviews, and then I've seen bad opinions of it on other gun forums, so I thought I'd throw the question out here. They also make their Pro M Semi-auto 12-gauge that takes Saiga mags and drums. Its major drawback (for me) is that it weighs 10 pounds! I hate to order guns from online sources, but haven't found an LGS that carries the Black Aces line yet.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

·
Premium Member
14,648 Posts
The 930SPX can definitely give you the firepower you need for home defense, and without the extra effort you need with a pump. This is my second one, should never have sold the first one. Mine doesn't have the pistol grip stock. I'm also considering getting the Crimson Trace Laser Saddle for my 930SPX. And as far as I'm concerned, the SPX and the Beretta 1301 Tactical are basically the same gun, with just a few small proprietary differences, and the Beretta's about $400-$500 more expensive. I will say this, though. I had the opportunity to run about 25 rounds of mixed 00 Buck and #4 Buck through the 1301, and it does seem to have more smoothness to the action. It was noticeable to me when chambering the first round...the Mossberg felt a bit notchy or gritty compared to the Beretta. Then again, my SPX is still fairly new.

I tried to talk Mossberg Customer Service into selling me a barrel clamp like the one comes on their fairly new 940 Pro Tactical, but they wouldn't do it. So I ended up getting a Nordic. Haven't put it on yet.

But anyway, back to the Black Aces for a minute. I've seen good reviews, and then I've seen bad opinions of it on other gun forums, so I thought I'd throw the question out here. They also make their Pro M Semi-auto 12-gauge that takes Saiga mags and drums. Its major drawback (for me) is that it weighs 10 pounds! I hate to order guns from online sources, but haven't found an LGS that carries the Black Aces line yet.

View attachment 270581
I’ve only seen black aces for sale online. The online reviews are mixed.

On my 930 spx with the pistol grip. I went through it & lightly polished some parts. It made a noticeable difference.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
And a HiPoint to go with a a $129 shotgun??? And it's a pump! The OP was asking about semi-autos.

Shotguns that work cost way more than that, typically entry level at around $600.

Stoeger Tactical
Mossberg JM 930
Remington VersaMax or 11/87 (als0 the 1100 and V3)
Taran Tactical M4 Benelli (yea, $3,500)
FN SLP
Winchester X4/X3

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here's the Mossberg 930, not the SPX model, I got for the grandson. I added a Mesa Tactical clamp with a small rail, a quick detach swivel, a TrueGlo front bead, a VTAC-Viking Tactics butt-stock sling harness, and a generic padded sling with Magpul para-clips. The clamp still shifted a bit when firing so I put a Nordic gasket under it. So far so good.
I'm going to get a 28" all purpose barrel for it when Mossberg gets them back in stock so he can use it for bird hunting too. Between this and his Remington 870 goose gun with the 30" barrel he's pretty well set.
Me? For bump in the night backup to my handguns I rely on my Stevens model 77 ex PD riot gun or my Winchester model 12.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
Bumper Table Wood Flooring Automotive exterior
Office supplies Eyelash Font Wood Gun accessory

Trigger Office supplies Air gun Material property Wood
Nature Plant Wood Grass Machine

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a Turkish shotgun. It's an AKKAR 612 or Churchill 612. It's supposed to be a copy of a CZ 612 but the QC is spotty. When I got mine I could load the tube with 5 shells and the first shell would feed fine but then the second shell would get stuck on the interrupter. As you can see in the picture, the shell on the left has the rim all chewed up from the interrupter being rough and burred. I had to disassemble the shotgun and then sand the interrupter with 2,000 grit sand paper. I also did some polishing on the action bar where it contacts the interrupter and disconnector. Since doing that the gun has run without issue. All of that polishing also smoothed out the feel of the pump and it slides beautifully. Haven't had an issue through the last 200 rounds of birdshot, buck and about 20 slugs. My point is that with a semi-auto I would imagine that there is more to go wrong and that precision and QC are more important for the gun to function properly. Maybe you'll get a gun that works well but maybe you won't.
A side note because I'm sure someone will ask, the silver stuff on the action bar is lubricant. This shotgun has an aluminum receiver so I figured some light grease would prevent galling. I don't know if it even matters.
Camera lens Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Audio equipment
Material property Font Office supplies Fashion accessory Gun accessory

·
Glock G17, G26, G22, G27, and Remington 870 tac 14 20 gauge.
800 Posts
I own the Remington 870 tac 14 20 gauge. I love it. Very accurate at 7 yards. That's the maximum distance that I would need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts