Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a tactical scope that is quick and easy to aim to moving object up to 100 yards. There are so many different type of brand and type of scope, can some one suggest a descent one for a price between 40 and 60$?I'll appreciate any suggestion!

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
for that price you are going to be very limited, either a chinese clone or barska would be about it

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Ya, the scopes/sights I'm looking for start at like $600 and then again at $1200 lol.

·
Banned
767 Posts
yeah, if you find anything for that price, let me know, pretty intersted, but the cheapest ive found that is solid is around $500

·
Registered
217 Posts
That is a pretty small budget however I have a decent UTG red/green dot sight that I have used on my Baikal MP161K 22LR rifle: http://www.amazon.com/UTG-DS3039-3-9-Inch-Mounts-Flip-open/dp/B004HIJCZK/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

The sight offers no magnification though so if the target is small it won't really work for you. Leapers/UTG makes some decent scopes that aren't very expensive. I also use a Leapers 3-9X40 on my 22LR that might work for you but it is more expensive (I paid $64 for it): http://www.amazon.com/Leapers-3-9x40-Mil-Dot-Rifle-Scope/dp/B001BR6RCG/ref=cm_cr-mr-title.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! What you guys think about the Leapers UTG brand? Now I'm a lil curios about the EO Tech sights, are these available with magnification also?

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
Thanks guys! What you guys think about the Leapers UTG brand? Now I'm a lil curios about the EO Tech sights, are these available with magnification also?

The eotech for your ar-15 will run you a min of $480 and then you can add a zoom for another $400 ... why not just get a trijicon and be done if you want to have all that!??!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a Barska on my AR and several NCStar parts and accessories. I would never ever pay EOTech prices. There is a demo gun at a store here decked out with expensive gear and it doesn't even compare to how solid mine is. I like to know if I crush something it can be replaced easily with no huge loss. I've seen guys at the range afraid to get dirt on their optics lenses worried about scratching... Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
I've seen pictures of spec ops eotech that had bullet holes thru the glass & it was still working ...
if you have an acog you could accidentally drop your rifle off of a 2 story building & it would more than likely be ok ... just depends on what you want your equipment for.
Newer AIMPOINTS could be left in the ON position for something crazy like 3 years on the same battery ( or so I'm told )
IF I was going into a situation where my life depended on it ... I'd prefer the real equip. ( just saying )

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have an space limit issue. My AR is DPMS and it's has a permanent carry handle, I really don't feel like buying a new upper and spend to much money in something that it's more for range use. I was locking for something more compact that would have all in one. I think I'm just gona get a carry handle mount adapter for 10$ and a 60$ leaper 4x32 scope and still use my iron sight for close range or moving targets.

·
Registered
227 Posts
savage07 said:
Well I have an space limit issue. My AR is DPMS and it's has a permanent carry handle, I really don't feel like buying a new upper and spend to much money in something that it's more for range use. I was locking for something more compact that would have all in one. I think I'm just gona get a carry handle mount adapter for 10$ and a 60$ leaper 4x32 scope and still use my iron sight for close range or moving targets.
You have an A1/A2 upper receiver. An A3 upper has a removable carry handle. Mine is A3 removable but I like the option of using my red dot as well as using my iron sites. I have a see thru rail adapter that installs through the bolt hole on top of the carry handle. I prefer the optics on top of the carry handle. I carried an A2 extensively in the Marine Corps and I guess I'm just partial to the look. Disregard the old m7. Its just for giggles.

image-1915054372.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have a Bushnell 1.5x4, its ok for the money, I just ordered and should be here to morrow a Weaver Kaspa 1.5-6, I will review it.
I know its way more than what you want to spend but consider the Simmons like, you can get a decent one for $100 and they take abuse well, had one in my 30.06 and it never lost zero

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice pics! Those gave me a better idea. And getting the mount from EBay with free shipping is even better than the place I was planing to get it from wish it was 10$ plus shipping. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
227 Posts
savage07 said:
Nice pics! Those gave me a better idea. And getting the mount from EBay with free shipping is even better than the place I was planing to get it from wish it was 10$ plus shipping. Thanks guys!
eBay is the way to go in my experience. AR parts and Glock parts are priced good with free shipping if you just look around a little. I have several sellers I deal with on eBay and always have good experiences so far.

Send a pic once you've achieved your goal. I'd like to see it. Glad things are working out for you.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my AR build on eBay and so far great experience

1 - 20 of 31 Posts