Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Mods, I seem to have placed this question in the wrong category and I see someone else recently asked a similar question. This thread can be moved or deleted. Sorry...

I'm looking for some recommendations for a reasonably priced tac light for my G23. I am not looking for anything too fancy, expensive, or big (I don't want some massive growth underneath my muzzle).

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
You can never go wrong with a TLR-1 or any of it's varients. Shop around and you can get better deals even though they aren't that much anyway.

If you're not a Lumen junky the CT Lightguard is probably the thinnest and smallest of them all right now. The only reason I don't have a CT over the TLR is because the Lumen output is only 100 lumen when compared to 160 from the TLR and the fact that the lightguard cost almost $50 more.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
TLR-1 I love em

I've used the M3 and it's pretty good, but the tlr-1 is brighter, and I prefer the metal body. I've handled the Glock lights, and know a couple people who have them.....not at all impressed with them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I agree w most everyone else. I'm running a TLR-1s on my G17, and I love it. I think lapolicegear.com has them for the cheapest. They're like $100.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
If the price is not the biggest issue, I have a viridian C5L. It is incredible but pricey.
I think price was one of his foremost concerns.......

I'm looking for some recommendations for a reasonably priced tac light for my G23. I am not looking for anything too fancy, expensive, or big (I don't want some massive growth underneath my muzzle).
Am I wrong?:confused:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike P said:
I think price was one of his foremost concerns.......

Am I wrong?:confused:
Yeah...price is a consideration. $100-$125 is about where I would like to stay. I don't need lasers, strobes, etc. Just a nice solid light.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I have read about some Glock .40s (22 and 23) that have feeding issues with certain tac lights installed. Has anyone else heard of this?
Yes, my PD ran in to this issue. I can't begin to explain any of this, as it makes no sense to me, but.............Glock told us to check the number of coils in the mags. It turned out the ones with the problems were using mags with (i think) 9 coils. We switched those out to 11 coil springs in teh mags and the problems disappeared.

Like I said, I can't understand why a light on the rail would cause malfunctions based on the coils in a mag spring, but it was the first thing Glock said to check and it did instantly fix the problems.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Yeah...price is a consideration. $100-$125 is about where I would like to stay. I don't need lasers, strobes, etc. Just a nice solid light.
TLR-1 is the way to go then. You can get them on Amazon for $106 no tax or shipping charge. If you are not in a hurry and keep checking around I've seen them go as low as $75 online a couple times in the last year or so.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yes, my PD ran in to this issue. I can't begin to explain any of this, as it makes no sense to me, but.............Glock told us to check the number of coils in the mags. It turned out the ones with the problems were using mags with (i think) 9 coils. We switched those out to 11 coil springs in teh mags and the problems disappeared.

Like I said, I can't understand why a light on the rail would cause malfunctions based on the coils in a mag spring, but it was the first thing Glock said to check and it did instantly fix the problems.
Interesting for sure...and even more puzzling. Maybe this is a dumb question but, is there a standard for the number of coils in the springs and did it change somewhere along the way? Is it based on mag capacity?

I guess I don't want to spend money on a tac light only to have it cause issues with reliability because my mag springs don't have enough coils :confused:

Edit: That last sentence sounds so bizarre.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
those are based on the Glock 22 ours are Gen 3s. And yes it did change somewhere along the way. I'm not sure if it changed between Gen2 and Gen3 or if it was in the middle of Gen3 that they changed the coils in the Glock 22 mags.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those are based on the Glock 22 ours are Gen 3s. And yes it did change somewhere along the way. I'm not sure if it changed between Gen2 and Gen3 or if it was in the middle of Gen3 that they changed the coils in the Glock 22 mags.
Thanks for the feedback bhale187. Not to beat this into the ground, but I have a G23 gen 3. So whatcha think? Any likely issues with the TLR1?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
My memory is not the best, but I don't remember the G23s having issues with taclights. Worst case senario you'll have to buy new springs for your mags, I think they run about $6

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.