Swallowing my Pride

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Argyle64, May 17, 2012.

1. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

So I actually need help with a question a customer asked me. Here it is:

Can a G38 slide fit on a G19 frame and function properly? Wouldn't I need to change out the ejector?

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Never mind. I answered my own question about the slide fitting. Now does it just need a new ejector?

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Try a new ejector. I suppose it will fit. Personally I have never tried that but a close comparison of the trigger assy might be in order.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Yeah, the official parts list for Glock armorers is vague in this department. I'm going to order a .45 trigger mechanism housing and try the 19 ejector. If that doesn't work, I'll replace the 19 ejector with the .45 ejector.

5. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Never heard of this done. The breech face of a 9mm is different size then .45 GAP, hence different height of ejectors and i believe because the calibers are different sizes the angle of ejectors (looking down at them and from behind) are different.

Heck, try it out! I do know guys who run conversion barrels from .40 to 9mm and they work but issue was reliability and consistency which caused them to install 9mm ejectors.

Let us know how it works out...my curiosity is peaked...

6. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Whatevet ejector that you chose, use dummy rounds to be sure the tip of the ejector doesn't contact the primer when extracting a live round.

7. We all need help from time to time. Being pros dont change that. Remember the stupid problem i came to you with? Lol

8. DarthCa1

DarthCa1 New Member

[​IMG]
    It is amazing!

9. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

This is an interesting problem haha.

10. Go away spammer