Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Besides guns and ammo, knives, machetes, hatchet, fire starter, etc., what other tools do you consider important to have?
I’m still looking at the SAS Tactical and Primal Gear bows, but have not bought any yet.
Provide pictures and details of what you have if possible.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Self defense and hunting weapons are important. No doubt.
I have a 10/22 rifle, but I think a 22lr revolver, being lighter and easier to carry anywhere, makes a great survival tool.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Nice!
Your emergency backpack looks well equipped. The knife on the other side, which one is it?
It’s the BK11 “ Becker Necker” with Micarta grips. If your talking about the knife on the upper front left of the pack.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Knife, hatchet, cord/rope, ground cover ( I can cover my head just fine in almost any environment), fire, water purification, survival food rations for a couple of days to get started. That went with me on every elk hunt. 5 miles from camp in unforgiving terrain and conditions, then an hour to town is no place to find out you should have figured out how to use what you carry.
Just like that first aid kit, the knowledge to use what you have will carry you farther than any "stuff".

·
Grumpy Old Man
3,924 Posts
One thing I was never without was 2 or 3 large orange garden waste bags! You can use then to make a sleeping bag, peg them down to the ground as an emergency signal to Planes and helicopters, use then for ground stills or tie then round a leafy branch to catch water through the still method.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts