Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum lesfloyd !!

Don't own this combo, so let us know how it works out...OK ?!

·
Banned
131 Posts
Could just be that I'm viewing the pic from the forum app buy it looks to be pressed against the trigger guard. Adjust it about a millimeter out and see if that helps. It does seem to have a bit of an angle to it.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
lesfloyd said:
Doesn't seem to mount straight, looks canted. I have it mounted, but haven't fired it yet
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe optical illusion because of the laser being on the bottom and your frame being slightly shorter and small grip? Does the tab fully seat in the rail?

Here is a comparison of a 19 with x-300 and your 30.

Pretty sure that's what it is

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kodiak said:
Yeah, I don't know. Maybe optical illusion because of the laser being on the bottom and your frame being slightly shorter and small grip? Does the tab fully seat in the rail?

Here is a comparison of a 19 with x-300 and your 30.

Pretty sure that's what it is
Tab is seated, dove tail is seated. Just received an email from Surefire tech support, they said X400 was not designed for use on the G30!!! It looks safe I'll try it when I get the chance. Nowhere on their site says its NOT for the 30. I must have overlooked something damnit.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Yeah, they are tight, it will loosen up though. Not sure what they mean by "not made for the 30". I suppose it's because you have some of the mount hanging off your front end. But if you look closely at the comparison pic and focus on the bezel & barrel they are angled pretty much the same. It looks more pronounced on yours because everything is shorter and you have the laser on the bottom. If you look at the G17 above with x-400 it's the same. I believe a x-300 will look exactly the same on your 30 (minus the laser of course).

Hold your finger over the laser portion in your pic (on the computer screen). If you do that it looks less angled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, they do look the same. A lot of money tied up lol . I'll shoot it soon and hope it stays on lol. Be interesting to see if the laser stays sighted in!!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
lesfloyd said:
Yes, they do look the same. A lot of money tied up lol . I'll shoot it soon and hope it stays on lol. Be interesting to see if the laser stays sighted in!!
I'll trade you straight up. Mine has some slight carbon deposit now lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
lesfloyd said:
Lol. I'll keep mine, it's my off duty carry. The X400 will be on and off
FYI your going to get a ton of carbon on it out of that short barrel especially with dirty ammo. Put a light coat of oil on the light before you go practice. Here is a before and after. Don't use any solvent on the lens. Alcohol worked fine for me, and I've heard toothpaste cleans the lens pretty good too.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update

Been very busy lol. I finally shot and tested my G30 with the Surefire X400.
After sighting it in with the lazer and without, I took the X400 off, reattatched it and fired another 10 round group. Impact point @ 25 ft was identical!!. I love the combo!!. NOW...............all I need is a quality concealment holster that will fit this combo. IF anyone knows of one PLEASE let me know, Thanks........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts