surefire incadesent lights...

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by shiflet, Feb 12, 2012.

1. shiflet

shiflet New Member

So my dad just gave me a surefire handheld flashlight. Its pretty sweet and freaking bright. Which is what surefire is known for I believe. Only problem is that it eats batteries like nothing I've ever seen! Any recommendations on how to solve this problem... better batteries? New bulb? Led conversions? I don't know much about lights but I'm sure someone has experience with them. Maybe it will sit on my nightstand until something wakes me up at night. Let me know guys

2. g21redman

g21redman just wants to watch the world burn.

LED is def better for batteries. But still gona use them up if you use it alot. That's just part of owning a surefire. I used to carry a 6P defender LED with striking bezel pushing 90 lumens and batteries didn't last super long. Depends on how long and how often you use it, and how many lumens it puts out. I've since put my 6P on my shotgun.so it never gets used. Unless I hear a bump in the night haha

3. shiflet

shiflet New Member

I'm tempted to stick it on my shotgun for that same reason.

4. g21redman

Def a good idea having a good light can become a first step to stop Someone by blinding them. I have an X300 surefire on my g21. 170 lumens! Haha more than enough

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes, Surefire does make a good flashlight...and depending on the model, they can go through batteries because of their high output.

I own two of these...one on the nightstand and one in the Jeep.

Surefire C2 Centurion Incandescent

[​IMG]

Features:

• Brilliant white light from high-output lamp (included) or ultra high-output lamp (optional)
    • Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
    • Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
    • CombatGrip for secure hold in all conditions
    • High-strength aerospace aluminum body, anodized (BK) or Mil-Spec hard-anodized (HA) for durability
    • Tactical tailcap switch—press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on
    • Steel clip provides multiple carry options
    • Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
    • Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life

I've had them for over five years now, and they are a discontinued model...
    But, I'm not too worried, as I have a few extra bulbs stashed away.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Anyone have any good links to a mount to stick this surefire on an 870??

7. g21redman

I always check amazon and ebay for anything I want haha

8. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Copy that but any good mounts in specific to check for?

9. g21redman

Not any that I can think of. Sry.. he'll start a thread on mounting lights I haven't seen one on here yet and would like to.

10. shiflet

shiflet New Member

OK ill start one

11. g21redman

I totally forgot about what I used for mine... I went to local AR shop and found a simple set up by tacstar. Never checked website till just now Haha. They seem to have some good set ups

12. Tape

Tape New Member

I have several LED flashlights, sizes from 1-cr123 to 4-18650's so I purchased rechargeables.

13. shiflet

shiflet New Member

I've never been impressed with rechargables. But honestly its been 10+ years since I've bought them... times change haha. How do you like the ones you have?

14. Yeah I would definitely check out amazon or ebay for an LED. Surefired are incredibly good though, jsut some can burn through batteries if they arent LED lol

15. Tape

Tape New Member

I like them, I was a led flashlight fanatic at one time and spent almost 300$ for the one below; it is a safequeen and It is a Olight titanium 500 lumens and it is #12 out of 500 worldwide. I have calm down and the recharger and batteries are lithium so they last a couple of hours continuous use on some led lights

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  16. Tape

Tape New Member

I still have about 8 led high lumen flashlights, 3 surefires, a few Olights and a couple others that are in the gunsafe. I know some people that have a couple hundred led lights, no BS, there are a few led flashlight forums lol

17. Tape

Tape New Member

I have a surefire incadesent P60 6volt I will send to the first one that says "I'll take it" and pm me your address; it came out my surefire 6P that I converted to led. I think they cost about $20

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  18. Tape

Tape New Member

btw if someone takes it please have a use for it and not plan to sell it, I am willing to give it to anyone that has a use for it and I will even pay shipping, I just will never use it, it is just sitting in the safe.