Sunset Insert SI 1 for Glock Review

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by kingfhb, Oct 15, 2013.

1. kingfhb

kingfhb New Member

Today I received my Sunset Insert SI1 for my Glock 19 Gen3. It's a back strap plug that allows for storage of a single round, battery, etc.

[​IMG]

Pros:
    1. It's a great idea and has potential, but needs a redesign.
    2. Allows for the storage of a single round, which helps me since I always carry RTF. When I want to not carry RTF, all I have to do is remove the chambered round and put it in the plug instead of in my pocket, in a bag, etc.
    3. Storage compartment for Torch batteries, single round, etc.

Cons:
    1. When using it in conjunction with the +2 glock magazine extension, when ejecting the magazine, the extension tends to grab the plug and open the storage compartment.
    2. It sits substantially outside of the backstrap detent, even more so than the OEM magazine floor plates...so it will look awkward if that's what you use.
    3. Not the greatest construction materials.
    4. Lid doesn't "snap" into place. Two small plastic mini dowels hold the lid closed merely by friction... so it can come loose and open.
    5. Consistent opening and closing looks like it would cause the unit lid to fail at the pivot point eventually, rendering the device useless.

Bottom line? I would not recommend it unless you use Pearce grip extensions EXCLUSIVELY.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Barney Fife coulda used this.

3. samathaalnutt

samathaalnutt New Member

Nowadays it can be seen that there is a wide spread of cell phones especially smart phone. We have to admit that the mobile phone make our modern life better and more convenient. However the cell phone sometimes causes new problems and breaks up people's peaceful life.To create a quiet condition, the lojack jammer can help a lot.

4. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

Kinda random post?
    I don't think the FCC would like this.

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA ♠
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday ©

5. BlaineByrnside

BlaineByrnside New Member

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of LoJack Jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Take google translate, and go spam someplace else.