Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a friend wanting to sell his glock 26 and I Want to buy it but not sure what a fair price is. It's had several hundred round or more put through it looks like. Barrel is scuffed from firing so much and I think his recoil spring assembly may need replacing soon. It's a gen 3 btw with 2 mags. So what would be a fair offer for it? Thanks in advance!

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
If its only had several hundred rounds through it it sounds like it just needs a damn good cleaning. I put 1k through mine last week. 500 or so is what some people would call a break in period. Get the serial, call Glock to find out the year it was made then that might give a bit more information about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sell Glocks, based on my Glock prices I would offer no more than $350 for it. Before anyone gets "bent" just remember when you purchase a firearm from a retailer, the moment you walk out the door for the most part you can deduct 30% from the tag price. The average LE price for a bare bones Glock (not the 34,35,C or L) is around $390. I hope this helps, but a fair price is a price that both buyer AND seller are happy with.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
I would pay between no more than 400 for one in good condition from a friend. I can find them in the store for 425-500 depending on condition/history. If you can get it for 350, buy it!

Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If your seeing scuff marks on the barrel and think the recoil spring needs replacing, it has thousands of rounds through it, not hundreds. I've been looking for one my self and have been seeing used prices between $350, missed out on 2 of them at the price all the way up to$450.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The most I'd pay for a Gen3 G26 in very good condition is $450. For one that looks very used, I'd pay $350. It sounds like the one you're describing is somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! Yeah I figured thousands of round might be more the case just didn't want to be too dramatic lol. So $350 seems to be the average for the wear and tear. I have a glock armorer that I'm gonna have look it over as well if I buy. This guy was the best man at my wedding so fingers crossed maybe I'll get it for under 350 lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
$350 is what I'd pay for one that's really worn and used. A few thousand rounds for a Glock is nothing, if it looks decent but still has a significant round count through it I'd pay $400-$425 for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts