Stuck g21 or g22

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by emtdawg, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Started a new job and have to purchase a duty weapon. No restrictions on what it has to be other than full size... That's were I'm stuck, looking on thoughts and opinions....

2. Euromax

Euromax New Member

Go rent and shoot! U will see what U like

3. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

That is a good point. I am a fan of the .45 auto so I lean towards the G21, but the best way is to test it out first.

4. Crabtreeasm

Crabtreeasm New Member

I have both and like both. I prefer the 21sf with the narrower grip. It fits my hand much better. The .45 acp is a tried and true performer. The good thing about the G22 is that you can buy the conversion barrel and fire .357 Sig. I have a feeling that before it's over, you will own both! You can't go wrong either way!

5. worm4290

worm4290 New Member

Hes is rite you can't go wrong with either gun lol I just picked up a Gen 4 g21 and love it! I would say pick up a 21

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I wouldn't say you're stuck, those are both awesome guns! This is my opinion, take it for what it is, an opinion. I say go with the 22, there are many more options. You can convert to .357 sig or 9mm. Plus the .40 round has been proven through real-world law enforcement applications to be an effective man-stopper.

7. JHC

JHC New Member

I would probably choose a recent production Gen 4 G22. The terminal ballistic performance with good loads is very close but more ammunition is never too much. It's a close call between that an a Gen 4 G21 or my RTF2 Gen 3 G21SF.

8. metalriot

metalriot New Member

I prefer the gen 3 .357-.40.... Here's why. I felt the g21 had a fat grip compared to the g22 IMO.plus with the .40 you get the versatility of 3 calibers .40,.357,9mm.although I would not use the 9mm in self defense for this application cause I've experienced a few jams with my g23 in 9mm.(none in .40). The reason I would go with the gen3 over the 4 is I've heard people talk about issues with jamming and breaking recoil springs.where the gen3 has already proven its reliability.but this is my opinion take it for what it is

9. Euromax

Euromax New Member

@Metalriot- this is why I did grip reduction on G30 & G20

Attached Files:

10. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

What in the world did you do to your G30?

11. Euromax

Euromax New Member

This is my L. Hand glove! G20 is R. Hand

12. Rondo1

Rondo1 New Member

Glock G-22. Nice punch.