Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a new job and have to purchase a duty weapon. No restrictions on what it has to be other than full size... That's were I'm stuck, looking on thoughts and opinions....

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
Go rent and shoot! U will see what U like
That is a good point. I am a fan of the .45 auto so I lean towards the G21, but the best way is to test it out first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have both and like both. I prefer the 21sf with the narrower grip. It fits my hand much better. The .45 acp is a tried and true performer. The good thing about the G22 is that you can buy the conversion barrel and fire .357 Sig. I have a feeling that before it's over, you will own both! You can't go wrong either way!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I wouldn't say you're stuck, those are both awesome guns! This is my opinion, take it for what it is, an opinion. I say go with the 22, there are many more options. You can convert to .357 sig or 9mm. Plus the .40 round has been proven through real-world law enforcement applications to be an effective man-stopper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would probably choose a recent production Gen 4 G22. The terminal ballistic performance with good loads is very close but more ammunition is never too much. It's a close call between that an a Gen 4 G21 or my RTF2 Gen 3 G21SF.

·
Registered
79 Posts
JHC said:
I would probably choose a recent production Gen 4 G22. The terminal ballistic performance with good loads is very close but more ammunition is never too much. It's a close call between that an a Gen 4 G21 or my RTF2 Gen 3 G21SF.
I prefer the gen 3 .357-.40.... Here's why. I felt the g21 had a fat grip compared to the g22 IMO.plus with the .40 you get the versatility of 3 calibers .40,.357,9mm.although I would not use the 9mm in self defense for this application cause I've experienced a few jams with my g23 in 9mm.(none in .40). The reason I would go with the gen3 over the 4 is I've heard people talk about issues with jamming and breaking recoil springs.where the gen3 has already proven its reliability.but this is my opinion take it for what it is

·
Registered
2 Posts
emtdawg said:
Started a new job and have to purchase a duty weapon. No restrictions on what it has to be other than full size... That's were I'm stuck, looking on thoughts and opinions....
Glock G-22. Nice punch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts