Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently won an auction for a storage locker and got something of a surprise. A Sig P226! Besides some rust pitting on the slide it seems ok. Put a few rounds through it and functions well.

What has me confused is the ejector on the slide. It isn't external like the Sigs I've seen.

I'm not a Sig man, does anyone know if there was a variant to the P226 where the ejector is internal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
It's an older model. Forgot when they started with the external extractors, but its also probably got the older trigger bar spring which is prone to problems, you can get a replacement/upgrade for it but you have to also change out the grips with newer ones as well.

If everything works well shoot be a nice shooter. I would have the serial number run and check to see if you need to have it legally transferred to you incase the previous owner reports it as stolen or it is stolen.

malladus
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
KingSanchez said:
I recently won an auction for a storage locker and got something of a surprise. A Sig P226! Besides some rust pitting on the slide it seems ok. Put a few rounds through it and functions well.

What has me confused is the ejector on the slide. It isn't external like the Sigs I've seen.

I'm not a Sig man, does anyone know if there was a variant to the P226 where the ejector is internal?
Nice find any pics ?
 

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
Joined
·
329 Posts
Lucky! Really nice find.. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,133 Posts
Older SIGS don't have accessory rails...that's only a few years old at best.
 

·
Click Click Boom
Joined
·
45,268 Posts
Sweet thanks, great find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shooter, that accessory rail was a hack job add on. It's a bit cocked and I'm sure my 13 year old could have lined it up better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
SHOOTER13 said:
Older SIGS don't have accessory rails...that's only a few years old at best.
If you look at the slide in his first photo you will see that it has a roll pin which means its the old folded steel slide with the separately machined breechblock. They stopped making those in the late 90s when they switched to the all machined uppers. This was driven by the need to beef up the gun for .40 S&W.

If you look at the frame you will see it has the form of the older railless P226s, not the newer blocky railed frame. Like Smith and Wesson with there old steel framed autos SiG came into the rail market quickly and retrofit added them which is why they look glued on, either that or it's an aftermarket job.

Between the rail a d the pinned slide I would put the age of the gun between 1994 and 1996 but that is just a guess.

malladus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
KingSanchez said:
Shooter, that accessory rail was a hack job add on. It's a bit cocked and I'm sure my 13 year old could have lined it up better.
In that case what does the hammer look like? The gun could older then my estimate. Look for the made/manufactured marks. Gun could be a early US made, US/German, or all German made.

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
malladus said:
In that case what does the hammer look like? The gun could older then my estimate. Look for the made/manufactured marks. Gun could be a early US made, US/German, or all German made.

Robert
It's stamped Herndon VA and also W. Germany. From my understanding that's a plant that lasted a few years in the late 80's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
malladus said:
In that case what does the hammer look like? The gun could older then my estimate. Look for the made/manufactured marks. Gun could be a early US made, US/German, or all German made.

Robert
I actually just looked up the serial. It was produced in 1988.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
Same age as my SIG...a German made JJ (1988)

Just put new 15lb Wolff springs in her...
That's it. I got it from the JJ stamp.

Don't think I'm keeping it though.
 

·
Hiding in plain sight....
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Nice score KingSanchez! Are you going to put the Sig up for sale here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This firearm has definitely been neglected, it has some pitting on the slide from the rot. I cleaned it up best I could. I was made an offer already the day I discovered it by a state trooper (my good friend) for 300. I told him he would get first option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the best part for me was the books with $1700 in small face bills hidden in the pages... :D

My bid on the storage unit won at $127.
 

·
Hail Commifornia
Joined
·
6,370 Posts
I think the best part for me was the books with $1700 in small face bills hidden in the pages... :D

My bid on the storage unit won at $127.
Wow that is awesome. Congradualations!!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top