Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a couple days ago I was driving home from work with my sons, traveling slowly in congestive traffic(about 25mph) and I noticed in my rear view mirror, there was a THP(Tennessee Highway Patrolman) and then he hit the blues on me! I thinking "WTH"? Turns out, he had noticed that I wasn't wearing my seatbelt(TN state law). I know, I know, I should be wearing it. Now of course, my boys were buckled up. Just wanted to say the patrolman was very courteous and polite even after I informed him I was carrying a weapon. They've been known to be a**holes to people they stop after they know they have a carry permit! Our local city and county officers are pretty much cool with it though. In fact, a few weeks ago, a city LEO buddy and I were in the parking lot of a Pizza Hut comparing our Glocks! I understand they have to take every precaution at every traffic stop, but no need to be a d***! Well, the patrolman that stopped me was cool! I even told him I carry a Glock! Oh, and the citation is only $10! But I need to lead by example and buckle up! Thanks to all LEO's for their service and duty!

·
1,310 Posts
Thanks for the story, and thanks for reminding us the folks in uniforms are there for us...and don't get enough appreciation. I'm not a cop...never was, but I certainly appreciate the vast majority of them who are servant leaders and public ally proclaimed sheepdogs.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the story, and thanks for reminding us the folks in uniforms are there for us...and don't get enough appreciation. I'm not a cop...never was, but I certainly appreciate the vast majority of them who are servant leaders and public ally proclaimed sheepdogs.
Your very welcome! I have several buddies in LE and I do appreciate their service and duty! As well as our military!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts