stolen/lost gun

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ornelasyuma, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ornelasyuma

ornelasyuma New Member

Has anyone experienced a stolen gun? Or have you lost you gun for a long period of time?

2. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Yes a g26 g4! Exwife STOLE it she cleared my house out! Thank God she didn't know the safe combo to take all the others!!! This is the one I left out for her when I wasn't home.

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I haven't sorry can't help, but did someone steal one of yours?

4. Mine knows i would press charges

5. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I tried even called atf. Because we were married she was "an equal owner". I showed receipt (card in just my name) and empty box and even showed judge proof that it was purchased by me. Still never got it back. Oh well at least now I can buy all tge guns I want when I want!

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Yes, I had a Colt stolen from me. The Idiot took it to a pawn shop. Luckily I gave the LEO pictures and the serial numbers. The pawn shop ran the numbers and it showed up as stolen. I got it back. The other gun they stole I never retrieved. The perp that was caught did not get charged because he said he bought it off someone else. Carma has it that the punk was under the Sheriffs eyes for selling dope. They finally caught him in the act of stealing equipment from a Church. He is now property of the state pen system.

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

As a note, I would recommend taking digital photo's of all your weapons from all angles, including the serial number. Type up a spread sheet with all the info as well. This made the process easier when getting back a weapon that was stolen.

8. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Some years back I had a Hi-point subcompact 9mm that was stolen from me. After 2 1/2 years went by I received a call from the Nebraska State Troopers telling me that the made an arrest and recovered my gun.

I was really shocked. I was always told that most of the time the weapons never get retuned to the owners.

9. what state is this? In any state with pistol registration the person whos name it in holds ultimate legal responsibility and is required by law to have it in their possession. I don't see how they can ignore it.

10. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

You know had it been a Glock they wouldn't have called you.... I guess they had a door stop for the office already. LOL

11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

In California, any and all guns purchased while married become community property, and it makes no difference who the gun is registered to. Don't ask me how I know, but feel free to consult with my two divorce attorneys, one of which came over to my house yesterday with his new car and thanking me for it!

12. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I had a G19 stolen about 7 or 8 years ago. Never got it back

13. everytime i think about marrying mine, she goes nuts and i think about these things.

14. ornelasyuma

ornelasyuma New Member

Thankfully I haven't, I was just curious, still unsure if i wanna keep my gun in my truck. You never know if it may be stolen along with the gun.

15. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

That's exactly what I thought! But that's Indiana for ya I guess.

16. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

Don't give her the combo to the safe!

17. I took a look, no handgun registration means no specific owner holding legal responsibility, therefore it is treated as common property.

Sorry man. I'm in LE but I honestly wouldn't be above stealing it back.

18. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Not to derail this thread, but I've learned how important it was to keep the original sales receipts for my gun collection to prove exactly when and how much I paid for the guns. Many guns she is going after were purchased prior to the marriage which would not be deemed common property.

19. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

And my Fiance' keeps wondering why I want to buy all this "gun stuff" so close to our wedding date.....

20. keep reciepts and keep a hidden "oh crap" account :D