still waiting

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by paulgy11, Apr 26, 2012.

1. paulgy11

paulgy11 New Member

Its been 6 weeks, no cpl. I called and they said maybe 2 more weeks. Im in oakland co. Mi.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Is that a normal waiting period... for Michigan !?

3. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Not sure on Michigan but I know in Oswego County NY it can be up to a 4 month wait for a pistol permit here, luckily the courts were not busy and mine was approved in just over 4 weeks :)

4. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

Here in ga, got mine in 7 days flat

5. 6 weeks is nothing. They have 6 months and in Oakland they tend to use it. The people on the phone should tell you that, because if you get yours in under 4.5-5 months you should feel extremely lucky.

Yes. MI has up to six months, most counties take 3 months minimum.

6. paulgy11

paulgy11 New Member

They told me 6 weeks when i turned everything in. So hopefully soon.

7. In any event I can tell you from years of CCW instruction in Grand Rapids and a few others that 6 weeks would be incredibly fast for any county in MI, and a world record for Oakland. My renewal in April of last year took four months.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

And there you are...

Mine took a few days for the regional ( county police ) to do the background check.

Then the drive to the county courthouse was longer than it took to hand in the form,

have my picture taken and laminated...and drive back. Minutes...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  9. yea thats how normal places work

10. paulgy11

paulgy11 New Member

Well i just picked up my cpl. Double checked and it was 6 weeks and 1 day. I guess that's not too bad!!!

11. Get down and kiss the feet of whoever you worship son cause that there is a Michigan Miracle LOL

12. Thats why in the good old state of Indiana you should apply for "LIFETIME" permit!!! Took about 4-6 weeks and $136, but well worth it!!!

13. I wish MI/MO offered a lifetime

14. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

It's been improving.

A buddy of mine in Wayne County got his in 6 weeks, one in Ottawa County received his in 5 weeks and mine in Kent County took 8 weeks.

There's new legislation pending that will streamline the process to a mandatory 45 days, a second level to the CPL that will allow CC in some current GFZ.

I'm really hoping this passes!

Oh and this just in: tasers and other EMDs are now legal carry for CPL holders! ( <--- applies to MI only, check YOUR state laws! )

15. dougster

dougster New Member

Anyone know what the wait time in Oklahoma is? So far I've been waiting 8 weeks.

16. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

It shouldn't be too much longer. I received mine in 7 weeks. But that was 14 years ago. Lol!

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Here in KS as soon as it hits the Attorney Generals desk he has 45 days to make his decision.

But my app took 123 days!! Felt like a life time. But it was worth the wait :)

I have been told the renewal here in KS is just like a DL go to the DMV pay the $25 and get your permit in a paper receipt form than 3 weeks later get the org in the mail.

I'll find out for sure in 2016 when mine is due.

18. Your in Kent? Who did your CCW class? I spent years in Kent, I will actually be in GR on Sunday & Monday. My original was issued in Kent, took 4 months.

19. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

In GR. I took it at Silver Bullet.

20. Augi

Augi New Member

Frankly, I am grateful that they are taking their time if they are doing a thorough background check...some people should not carry guns, own guns or be allowed to look at guns. It sucks when it's your application and you want your CCL though.