Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I am new to the forum! I am hoping I can get some quality information and recommendations.

I am going to be purchasing a glock 19 with MOS. I know everyone has their own taste on using a red dot optic or standard iron sights.

I am going to be adding a red dot optic sight later down the roa . I just wanted to get everyone's recommendation on what red dot you recommend! I'm looking to stay below $300.

Also, suppressor sights with the optic?

Thanks for the input!

·
Super Moderator
71,099 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ozzy.

I personally have the Trijicon RMR on my g19.5 and love it.
It's about $100 or so more than what you want to spend but it is awesome.
And as you can see, I do run suppressor sights on mine for backup.

G19.5 RMR...jpeg
G19.5 RMR.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum Ozzy.

I personally have the Trijicon RMR on my g19.5 and love it.
It's about $100 or so more than what you want to spend but it is awesome.
And as you can see, I do run suppressor sights on mine for backup.

View attachment 191077 View attachment 191079
I've seen several people post that's the one they have!
What do you like and dislike about it? Do you CC your 19 at all?
I was looking at the venom red dot top load. Any input on that model??

·
Super Moderator
71,099 Posts
I've seen several people post that's the one they have!
What do you like and dislike about it? Do you CC your 19 at all?
I was looking at the venom red dot top load. Any input on that model??
There's nothing that I dislike about it at all.
I like it because it always stay true, It's always on and I really like the adjustable brightness.
I have CC'ed it quite a bit but at the moment I am carrying my G43.
Sorry but I don't have any experience with the Venom but have heard really good things about.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
First off welcome!!
I run the Venom on my G34 MOS. And I love it as well. Adjustable brightness and was easy to zero. Absolutely no issues. Was a click over $200. Would buy again in a heartbeat...I also run suppressor sights or backup
661F3F90-7A06-4244-B97F-EA0AF37F6AA1.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's nothing that I dislike about it at all.
I like it because it always stay true, It's always on and I really like the adjustable brightness.
I have CC'ed it quite a bit but at the moment I am carrying my G43.
Sorry but I don't have any experience with the Venom but have heard really good things about.
Hm, maybe I'll have to consider spending the extra money for that optic.
What holster do you use when you CC your 19?
Thanks for all the information, really appreciate it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First off welcome!!
I run the Venom on my G34 MOS. And I love it as well. Adjustable brightness and was easy to zero. Absolutely no issues. Was a click over $200. Would buy again in a heartbeat...I also run suppressor sights or backup View attachment 191083
Is that the bottom load or top load? Any issues with battery life? Thank you for reaching out too! Trying to get as much feedback as possible.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
It’s is top load battery. One of the nice features about it. You don’t have to remove the sight to change the battery which was a plus to me. I shoot every Sunday and it’s still on the original battery since February of 2019. Gun has around 4000 rounds now and the Venom is as good as day one.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I run the venom on my g19. No issues. Make sure you really tighten the battery cover down all the way.
Holsters are tough. I got a stealth operator and cut away some of the kydex to accommodate the optic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s is top load battery. One of the nice features about it. You don’t have to remove the sight to change the battery which was a plus to me. I shoot every Sunday and it’s still on the original battery since February of 2019. Gun has around 4000 rounds now and the Venom is as good as day one.
I was looking at the top load one for sure! May lean toward that direction money wise. And then later down the road maybe try another. Well see though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run the venom on my g19. No issues. Make sure you really tighten the battery cover down all the way.
Holsters are tough. I got a stealth operator and cut away some of the kydex to accommodate the optic.
Glad to hear that! Making the venom sound more like a choice to go wit .
Yeah I've heard with holsters, you generally have to cut away to accommodate for the optic.

·
Super Moderator
71,099 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I cant figure out how to post a new thread(oops. Rookie over here lol)
Does anyone have recommendation on 9mm ammunition for concealed carry and home defense rounds? Also any specific place to look to get bulk 9mm ammunition for good price?
Thanks!

·
Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
Targetsports
SGammo
both with dot coms.

There's a recent thread on defense ammo, but I like my Winchester Ranger 147 +p. Bought 1000 rounds if it as it's about 1/2 the price of the other recommended ammo, and it's available at SGammo as a LE overrun.
I also like IMI and Freedom Munitions XTP loads at 115/124 grain.
IMI I generally get from Midway when they have sales.
Freedom Munitions has good deals on occasion, but have stock on hand as their shipping is slow. Watch for shipping deals.
Target Sports has free shipping on cases, and their prices are competitive to boot.
On occasion, SG will be a better deal even with shipping.
Ammunition Depot no longer gets my business. Prices went up, shipping went crazy.
Ammo Valley worth a look. Plastic cans, loose rounds, good prices, but watch shipping.
Ammoseek.com

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Hm, maybe I'll have to consider spending the extra money for that optic.
What holster do you use when you CC your 19?
Thanks for all the information, really appreciate it!
Welcome to the forum Ozzy!
I run a Holosun 507c for the reason is that it comes with a solar panel on top to power the optic
in lieu of the battery. It runs right at $300. I also have suppressor sights.
As for the holster I found KT-Mech LLC out of Idaho to offer a Akela holster or duty holster made to fit a MOS with optic. Might want to look them up on line. I ordered a level 2 retention for my G 40 with the RDS & suppressor sights.
DSC_0484.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Targetsports
SGammo
both with dot coms.

There's a recent thread on defense ammo, but I like my Winchester Ranger 147 +p. Bought 1000 rounds if it as it's about 1/2 the price of the other recommended ammo, and it's available at SGammo as a LE overrun.
I also like IMI and Freedom Munitions XTP loads at 115/124 grain.
IMI I generally get from Midway when they have sales.
Freedom Munitions has good deals on occasion, but have stock on hand as their shipping is slow. Watch for shipping deals.
Target Sports has free shipping on cases, and their prices are competitive to boot.
On occasion, SG will be a better deal even with shipping.
Ammunition Depot no longer gets my business. Prices went up, shipping went crazy.
Ammo Valley worth a look. Plastic cans, loose rounds, good prices, but watch shipping.
Ammoseek.com
Thank you for all the information!! I will be looking into all that!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum Ozzy!
I run a Holosun 507c for the reason is that it comes with a solar panel on top to power the optic
in lieu of the battery. It runs right at $300. I also have suppressor sights.
As for the holster I found KT-Mech LLC out of Idaho to offer a Akela holster or duty holster made to fit a MOS with optic. Might want to look them up on line. I ordered a level 2 retention for my G 40 with the RDS & suppressor sights.
View attachment 191989
Thanks for the info!! I may have to look into that holosun! Doesn't sound too bad. I believe I saw mostly good reviews on that one as wel . And I'll definitely look into those holsters

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
The last ammo I bought was the only ones they had. They were Barnes 9mm 115+p solid copper hollow point. Have not shot this yet, anyone familiar with this ammonium?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts