Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a remote are in the mountains. My wife and I shoot together alot and have been talking about setting up a small range area on our propert for our own personal use. We first considered building some wood frames to staple paper targets on to.
I noticed a few rotating steel targets for sale on eBay. Does anyone have experience with These types ? Anything you'd recommend or stay away from ?
Thanks for all your opinions in advance.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,026 Posts
I went to a range in the mountains of PA back in the early 90's they had big metal gongs set out at specific distances. They rented out full auto guns. It was alot of fun shooting those guns and hearing them ring. Also check out Hickock45's range.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,026 Posts
Here you go;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IefechYa-kw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Action Targets.

Their website also has a ton of great data. Even slow motion videos to show how bullets react when using steel targets.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Love shooting steel targets. Too bad I don't live on a property with "land" anymore. Condo living does have disadvantages.....

BTW, if you shoot a Mosin at steel targets, make sure it's not the old surplus steel core ammo........ :eek:

D

·
Registered
546 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
Love shooting steel targets. Too bad I don't live on a property with "land" anymore. Condo living does have disadvantages.....

BTW, if you shoot a Mosin at steel targets, make sure it's not the old surplus steel core ammo........ :eek:

D
I did this and shot a 1" plate at 100yrds... it was unbelievable

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Steel targets are great. Never any doubt about whether or not you hit it. Love that gong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts