Glock Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I've shot Tula through my 19 with no problems but I almost always shoot brass. With Com-Bloc guns (SKS, Mak) it's full steel ahead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can say that I've run the cheap steel case ammo in pretty much All my weapons...and have Not had a single problem other than the fact it is dirty...but then again, Glocks THRIVE on dirt, LOL. seriously, I have put almost 5K rounds through my G21sf, and not a single problem (other than the occasional dud here and there)...no extraction issues...again, the cheap ammo is pretty damn dirty though, but it is SO much cheaper to shoot, and I like to shoot, so... for targets and tactical training...cheap stuff...now for home protection, I got the good Hornady taps...Same goes with my AR-15...I have a CMMG AR-15 and there warranty says explicitly steel rounds void the warranty...well, 2500 rounds later...bolt is fine, extractor is fine,and it is still firing fine...now, another issue is accuracy...I used to never put much stock into cheap ammo versus quality until I dialed in my Nikon 223 scope..I ran military grade 5.56 55 grain ammo and dialed in at 200 yards and was doing some incredible groups at 2"...then I started running the cheap steel case ammo and groups were all over the place...I was amazed. So, bottom line, for target practice and tactical practice, the cheap ammo is fantastic...for hunting and REAL tactical scenarios...run the best you got!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I posted a question to the GATE forum asking whether steel is OK. Has not been posted or answered at this point.

I have run a few hundred Black Bear rounds through my G19. I see some wear on the barrel's feed ramp but I can't swear that wasn't there before the Black Bear.
Aside from that possible wear, I had no issues. Every shell went 'bang', no FTE, no FTF, no problems at all. The gun did not seem overly dirty afterward, either.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.