Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the basic reason I ask. Steel case 10mm is the only 10 readily available at the LGS. And is obviously much cheaper. But I have also heard rumor that steel casing can damage your gun, but never heard exactly how or why

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shaker223 said:
Much of the steel cased ammo has steel core bullet so it tears up their back stops. I've expeimented with reloading steel cases too and the range said no because they said the cases mar/scratch the clear herculite glass that seperates stations. Also, as mentioned earlier the brass is recycled and it might as well be sorted at the beginning. Thinking that way, they might as well turn in the steel as scrap too.
Thanks shaker! That's what I really wanted to know, the actual reason people say no steel, and those people are only the indoor ranges. I knew it had something to do with them recycling the brass and didn't want steel casing mixed in, but was unaware of the other problems you mentioned.

The general opinion seems to be that the ammo works fine in the gun, the indoor ranges just don't like it because it could produce a headache for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.