Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Click Click Boom
45,266 Posts
I haven't shot it in my glock but I run Wolf steel case ammo ALL the time in my AR and never not once had any problem or malfunction with it.

I get wolf in 5.56 at half the price do it only makes since to use it for range ammo. I've heard with the AR it can wear out your extractor faster but at what you save on ammo a $10 dollar extractor doesn't make a difference to me.

· Click Click Boom
45,266 Posts
MississippiGlock said:
That's the basic reason I ask. Steel case 10mm is the only 10 readily available at the LGS. And is obviously much cheaper. But I have also heard rumor that steel casing can damage your gun, but never heard exactly how or why
I can't speak on the glocks but I've talked to guys who have ran 1000s of steel through there glock no problem but my AR shows no sign of extra wear and it doesn't run awhole lot dirty in 5.56 them brass federal 5.56

· Click Click Boom
45,266 Posts
dutchs said:
I shoot at 3 different inside ranges and they ask you everytime if you are using steel case Ammo. They will not allow it in their ranges. Quote: We had too many near serious accidents! Not worth it.
You threw me off with your Avatar change Dutchs lol

That is a good point most in door ranges don't let you shoot steel. I personally shoot outdoor 90 percent of the time but it's something to consider if you shoot in door more or just stock up on both.

· Click Click Boom
45,266 Posts
EvilD said:
A gun that won't run ANY factory ammo isn't a gun worth owning.
Great point!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.