Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 13 year old out this morning, his dad got him a Mosberg Plinkster .22 Rifle. He loves it more in the desert then the range. Now he's hooked.....like mother, like son.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just shot my G26 with my son too

We were at an indoor range. He's learning how to hold/grip the pistol properly. He and I really enjoyed ourselves. He is also 13 years old. Good for you! Nice to see a mom enjoying the shooting sports with her son.:)

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Reminds me off shooting in the Boy Scouts when I was younger! Glad to see him getting out and learning/enjoying himself!

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Always warms my heart seeing another youth getting the proper training with firearms...

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Brash_N_Sassy said:
Took my 13 year old out this morning, his dad got him a Mosberg Plinkster .22 Rifle. He loves it more in the desert then the range. Now he's hooked.....like mother, like son.
Good going Mom!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Dad gave me my Mossberg 22 rifle when I was 12. I'm 57 now. And my collection has grown by...well...many. Thanks, Dad. And great to see you got your son hooked already!

·
46 Posts
I started out at age 6 going to the dump with my dad shooting rats way back in the day. Single shot 22 that was my dads so its pretty old. Got my daughter her first 22 at age 6 for Xmas one year, a chipmunk, so she grew up respecting guns when she was 10 got her a S&W 22 pistol that I just gave her at 24 thought it was time to give it to her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's good to see, I have taken my daughter out a couple of times and she enjoys shooting. She is 7 and she loves shooting her mossberg 702 plinkster. Its good to see a mother that likes shooting and passing it on to there children

·
Registered
149 Posts
this is my grand daughter she's almost 12 her urban 3 gun shoot
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td-NAHQLqmk[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YRm15FhqjY&hd=1[/ame]

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
B-N-S fantastic mom award for you. :cool: It is always better to educate and train our children than hide the guns and spike curiosity through the roof.

My dad used shooting as a reward for me when I was young. If I was good all week I got a 25 round box of .22's and we would go out in the woods and shoot cans. Great memories for me that I will always cherish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took my 16 yo brother and 13 yo sister to the range. They loved it. They shot better than me! Later we went to Bass Pro and tried archery. We're all hooked! To bad we know nothing about hunting, lol! I don't think we would like to shoot at animals, but moving targets would be fun. Wish rest of family was into it!

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
That is awesome! I plan to do the same with my son, when he is at least able to walk and hold a gun lol. My mother was anti-gun when I was growing up, as soon as I turned 18 I started buying shotguns, and 21 started stocking up on pistols. She has gotten over it now. My dad has always been into guns though, he was just too much of a sissy to tell her he was going to buy one. Now that were all grown up and have familys of our own everything has changed, it's nice that you got him into it young though and that your husband supports it as well! It's too much fun to pass up.

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
Guns were bad in my house and my mother made my dad take apart his shotgun. I had to wait till I was 18 so I could buy and smuggle a bb gun and train myself to shoot when they were out of the house. I used the part of "Leon the Professional" where Jean Reno was teaching Natalie Portman to shoot as my instruction. My son and soon to be born daughter are going to learn early and learn properly.

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
I took my 16 yo brother and 13 yo sister to the range. They loved it. They shot better than me! Later we went to Bass Pro and tried archery. We're all hooked! To bad we know nothing about hunting, lol! I don't think we would like to shoot at animals, but moving targets would be fun. Wish rest of family was into it!
Archery is a fun sport and though I haven't done it in a while I want to teach my son and daughter that as well.

·
771 Posts
No Better Way!

I cant think of a better way for you to spend time with your son...You sharing your passion with him validates him as being truly important to you. Each child is a gift to us, one that needs to be cherished, nourished, encouraged, and most importantly, loved.

Nothing says love more than spending quality time with him...Be well!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts