Starbucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Todd, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd New Member

Did anyone read the story about a marine sending Starbucks a letter telling them how much they love Starbucks coffee? Starbucks replied that they as a company do not support the war nor the people involved in it! If i can find the article again and figure out how to post it here I will. What bull**** so what if you don't like the war stand behind the troops or stand infront of them!

2. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

Yea and now I no longer drink Starbucks!

3. Todd

Todd New Member

Here is the article I read

ForumRunner_20120701_085206.jpg

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Todd, I appreciate your support of our troops, that being said , If you do not have even an article this will be a post I will not be able to leave. Just saying you need some proof before coming with this or it will just cause problems. Ok , An Email? I can't say I would believe an Anonymous email. But to each his own. Thanks for showing at least something. Carry on.

5. Todd

Todd New Member

That's all I got so if you feel removing the post is what needs to happen please do I'm not trying to start any false rumors and if i could figure out how to remove the thread I would

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Nope! You found something and that's what i asked for. We encourage strong conversation and debate! Just need some Verification is all. Your all good and thanks for contributing!

7. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

Well Dutchs I didn't read an article either but it was briefed in guard mount about a week or 2 ago... Not saying that makes it true but it's believable enough for me... If there is an article about It I would like to read it though...

8. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

This is untrue. It is an urban legend that has been circulating the Internet since at least OIF.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Plus, if you read the supposed email/letter, it would be way too self-damaging to Starbucks as a corporation to put out such bad PR as to deny service to our military personnel. (Notice the article in your picture has no dateline and no publication tag.)

There was another thread on here that recently discussed it, if you're interested:

https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f15/if-you-like-starbucks-u-should-read-6737/

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  9. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Like I tell my folks... Snopes is your friend. Look there before loading up the torches and pitch forks.

10. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

False and Fail.

They strongly support our 2nd amendment also, SO Grab a gun and have a cup! I do every chance I can.

11. hoovco

hoovco New Member

This nonsense again? I'm so tired of people telling me starbucks is un American and doesn't support the war. That would explain why Starbucks is on a couple of FOBs overseas, right?

12. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

Wouldn't necessarily mean they support the troops. That's just a matter of fulfilling a contract...