Starbucks Boycott !

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by glock26USMC, Jan 25, 2012.

1. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center
    Anti-gun groups are attempting to organize a boycott of Starbucks on February 14 of this year. You may or may not know that Starbucks refused to bend to anti-gun hysteria and turn their stores into victim disarmament zones by prohibiting the carrying of defensive arms by law abiding folk.

We as gun owners and armed citizens need to step forward and support business that support us. Please stop by your local Starbucks and pick up a coffee or pastry on Valentines Day. Save your receipt, an effort is being put together to show how our efforts overcame the opposition. Together we can show our resolve, it's an easy way to show how much we value our rights and our sport.

2. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

As much as I loathe and detest this place, thats famous for a $7 cup of joe, I will put my feelings aside and battle these anti-gun morons. Even if Im 3200 miles the other way. Are you recieving the receipts?

Redhawk~~is a Dunkin' Donuts Coffee man but Im will to take one for the team to combat anti-gun douches!

3. bagozzi46

bagozzi46 New Member

Not what I was expecting when I read Starbucks boycott. Our 3 out of 5 Starbucks employees are better armed than me when I go to the one down the street.

4. This only effects me cause I am a gun owner, other then that I say we get rid of coffee all together lol. That stuff is nasty. My form of "coffee" is a nice cup of hot tea.

5. I don't have one near me, but I'll order something off the website.

6. glock26USMC

It is important that we show support to a business that supports us!

7. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

Write them an email telling them you support them, I did when all this started also I started buying their coffee regularly.

8. glock26USMC

Do you happen to have a copy of the email you sent, so i can get an idea on how to word it?

9. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ill make sure me and my gf go to starbucks on vday :)

10. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

I guess I'll go to Fivebucks on vday.

11. Here is mine:

http://www.starbucks.com/customer-service/contact/retail-stores-form

12. TylerSkeet1

TylerSkeet1 New Member

Good email! I will definitely email them something very similar. Good for SB.

13. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

Same here open carrying too ;)

14. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Hit me up bro...hopefully i wont be working.

15. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

For sure bro.
    Green tea Iced latte ;)

16. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Email Sent:

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I appreciate your corporate policy in regards to firearms. It has been proved time and again, without the Second Amendment, those that visit your stores couldn’t exercise their First Amendment rights as Americans. It is because of these rights we Americans, have a rare opportunity to express our differences publicly.

I am proud to stand with you on this matter and count you as a friend that deserves my fullest support. Others may boycott you for a day, but I will always support you and your decision to exercise your rights.

Concerned Customer,

17. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

Sweet, an excuse to get a Mocha and bear arms (albeit concealed) all at once.

18. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

No, I might have posted it on GlockTalk but it was like a year ago.

19. I don't normally do it or advise it but I think I will open carry in my local Bucks that day. Twice, on the way in and on the way home.

20. Got a reply back

On Sunday, January 29, 2012, Starbucks Customer Care <info@starbucks.com> wrote:
    > Dear Steven,
    >
    > *
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.
    >
    > *
    >
    > Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.
    >
    > At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.
    >
    > As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.
    >
    > *
    >
    > We appreciate your feedback, and welcome you as a new customer.
    >
    > *
    >
    > If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.*
    >
    > *
    >
    > Warm Regards,
    >
    > *
    >
    > Trisha T.
    >
    > Customer Relations
    >
    > Starbucks Coffee Company
    >
    > 800 STARBUC (782-7282)
    >
    > Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)
    >
    > *
    >
    > *
    >
    > * *
    > ________________________________
    > * *
    >
    > *
    >
    > Visit us at starbucks.com
    >
    > Manage your account at starbucks.com/account
    >
    > Got an idea?*Share it at My Starbucks Idea
    >
    > Contact us at starbucks.com/customer-service
    >
    > Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
    >
    > *
    >
    > We would love to hear your feedback. Click here to take a short survey.*
    >
    > *
    >
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    > From: Steven @gmail.com>
    > Received: 1/26/12 1:51:56 AM MST
    > To: <sbxinfo@buf.sitel.net>
    > Subject: other
    >
    > I am writing you today to express my support for Starbucks in regards to the stance you have taken against anti-gun activists.It is rare in this day and age to see a company stand up for the constitutional rights of their customers so publicly on such a controversial subject.Our rights as Americans need to be exercised and expressed or we stand too loose them, and that is clearly understood by Starbucks. Before this event appeared in the news I was not a customer of Starbucks, admittedly I felt the coffee to be over priced.When I found out, however, that Starbucks supports the rights of their customers to bare arms I felt obligated to support a company that supports me. I now shop at Starbucks proudly, and take pride in knowing that I support a company that fights for my right to bare arms.Your customers appreciate everything you are doing for them, and we want to make sure that you know it. Keep fighting the good fight, and we will be here to provide you with the reasons to fight, and the financial foundation to do so.
    >
    > =========================================================
    >
    > Name: Steven
    >
    > Event Date: 2012-01-25
    > Event Time:
    > Store Location: All Stores
    >
    >
    > ------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
    > <<#561787-7780911#>>