stance

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by shiflet, Feb 6, 2012.

1. shiflet

shiflet New Member

What is your most effective shooting stance for accuracy? Granted real-life situations vary your stance.

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

It's probably user specific. I generally use modified weaver or modern isosceles. If you are in a fighting stance when you draw your pistol you are likely to be shooting from a modified weaver, if you are flat footed and surprised when you draw you are likely to end up in the modern isosceles. That's why I practise both. I don't notice either as being more accurate for me.

3. fls348

fls348 New Member

Agreed with above, everyone is a bit different depending on your actual physical design. Thinner ppl tend to be more flexible and adapt to different stances a little better. Whereas thicker folks tend to have one stance that they favor more so because of limitations of movement.

During the academy I teach new recruits strong side toe should be even with weak side arch or inseam and feet slightly wider than shoulder length apart. But I impress upon them to practice from all different stances as well as kneeling and from on your back if you can shoot somewhere that allows it.

4. shiflet

shiflet New Member

What academy do you instruct at?

5. fls348

fls348 New Member

>>>

I PM'd you.

6. shiflet

shiflet New Member

I don't understand how to pm on my phone let me know if you got my message

7. fls348

fls348 New Member

I got your msg. I replied with my email address.