Stainless steel guide rod

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by tkerrigan22, Feb 4, 2012.

1. tkerrigan22

tkerrigan22 New Member

I'm seeing a lot of stainless steel and tungsten guide rods online. Are they worth the cash? Does anyone have experience with them?

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Ive boughten an ss guide rod for every glock ive had, yes they worth it.

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I'm yet to have a problem with the factory guide rod, highest round count on any of my current Glocks is only around 4-5k though

4. msandoval858

msandoval858 New Member

I looked in to these awhile back, decided not to bother.

My Glocks have thousands of rounds through them without a single malfunction and shoot consistent and accurate. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

5. What I've never understood is, why?.... People that sell them say the flex in the plastic rod hurts acuracy... Umm... the work "guide" refers to guiding the spring... hte movement of the slide has nothing to do with the rod. It rides on the 4 rails. The only perpose of the rod is a smooth uniform compression of the spring during cycling. If the channel in the front of the frame was narrower and supported the spring better from all sides I bet you could shoot the gun without a rod at all. Ther is no load or force applied to the rod at all. It just keeps the spring form going "S" shaped in the frame channel. Plastic works fine for this.