Stainless Guide Rod & Dual Recoil Spring

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Lucian_253, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I was wondering if any one has tried the stainless guide rod and dual recoil spring for the Gen. 3 Model 27 that the Glock Store sells. I ordered one and when I chambered my first round the larger spring went over the smaller spring, shooting the guide rod out the front of my pistol. I was assured by the Glock Store that I had received a faulty part, and they are sending me a new one. I'm looking for any advice on if I should
    even change from factory set up, or if there are more reliable stainless guide rod, recoil springs from other companies.

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

why did you want to change it in the first place, if there was not a problem with the factory spring I'd stick to what you know works ;)

3. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have several Glocks, but the 27 is my only sub compact. I'm not sure why, I guess I thought it might add a little weight in the front end. Usually the only change I make to my Glocks is night sights. You are 100% correct, if it's not broken don't fix it. Their sales write up on it made it sound like a really good idea at the time. Thanks for the feed back.

4. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Of course I am bias, I shoot a lot of GSSF Matches and being an Armorer I would have to say, "Stick with the OME RSA for all yourt Glocks. Glock spent thousands of dollars researching and designing this stuff. It works. And it's cheap too!

Kind of like the WalMart of semi-auto pistols. BTW, the double recoil springs does take out a lot of felt recoil. What little difference you MAY feel if any, isn't going to be worth the price IMHO.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  5. I have a G35 and I heard if you change the guide rod it would help with recoil. Is this true? I was thinking about buying a stainless steel guide rod. My G35 is Gen 3 sorry forgot to put that.

6. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

If the G35 is Brand new out of the box I won't touch a thing. Go shoot a thousand rounds thruogh it first and then maybe spend a little money and replace the spring.

If it is a used gun but new to you, I would get an OME spring and follow the above suggestion first.

I see no need to start replacing parts until you have enough experience with the gun to be able to tell if there will be a difference.

7. Thanks for the response. Yes it is brand new and only about 400 rounds through it so far.