Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
204 Posts
Been looking into the same thing. I'VE read a lot of the feedback on the tungsten one from GlockStore. Lots of issues with it. Causing loads of malfunctions. Not many reviews for the stainless steel one (5).

·
204 Posts
I have the SS DUAL spring from the Glockstore in my G19/4th Gen. No issues, no difference in operation I can discern. Likely I wasted money, but that setup DID make a difference in my Ruger LC9, so I tried it in my Glock. Maybe a physicist could explain why a difference in one but not the other... But from two different manufactures as well and two different types of assemblies.
Hrmmm... Thanks for that info.

·
204 Posts
CaptainJack said:
I have the dual spring tungsten from the Glock store in my G17 gen4, it weighs 53.29 grams vs fatory plastic 19.37. I have had 0 failures of any kind, definitely smoother with less muzzle flip. Tungsten is not likely to ever break due to being brittle that is why it is used to make drill bits that cut rock and steel. It is technically brittle but you do not put enough force on the spring assymbly or put it in a bind that could cause fracture. I wouldn't go back to the factory spring if you paid me. They offer the stainless as a mid weight alternative to the heavier tungsten, both are better than the factory plastic and older Gen single springs - hands down.
Very different info from what I've read from most of the feedback I've seen for that item on Glockstore.com. Wow. Lots of bad reviews there, but you give it a great review. I'll have to go back & see what Glock models have issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.