Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I traded my hi-cap springfield 1911 for a glock 21SF and he threw in a 45 super barrel, SS guide rod and recoil spring and a ghost trigger kit. I think I did great. I just wonder if anyone uses the SS guide rod and recoil spring in their stock glock. I am thinking it is not a good idea because the factory one flex's and the SS doesn't. Do you think it is ok to use the SS one or not, I believe it's a 24lb setup. What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you think it is ok to use the SS one or not, I believe it's a 24lb setup. What are your thoughts.
I've a Glock 22 .40Cal and I'm using a SS 22lb setup with it. I'm about at 1000+ rounds fired already with it and I got ZERO problems. Everything is nice and smooth.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
carllavoie said:
I've a Glock 22 .40Cal and I'm using a SS 22lb setup with it. I'm about at 1000+ rounds fired already with it and I got ZERO problems. Everything is nice and smooth.
I'm using the same with a recoil buffer, no problems here either.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've heard that a Glock will still function fine with a broken guide rod and it's only purpose is to hold the spring together for reassembly.
If true, I wouldn't spend extra $'s to add weight.

Any Glock armorer opinion's?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
I personally have never swapped out my factory installed guide rod,

and probably never will unless it were to break...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glock perfection, can't toy with that logic, would like to give it a try though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts