Squeaky glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glock19desertranger, Mar 31, 2012.

1. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

I have a g19 gen 3 and it squeaks when I rack the slide back and it's driving me NUTS!!! I have about 1000 rounds through it now and i clean and lube per glock specs after every trip to the range. Anyone else have this problem? I think it's the spring but you're not supposed to lube that, any suggestions on how to remedy this annoying squeak????

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Pretty much every Glock that I've ever picked up or shot has the squeak.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

4. glock19desertranger

Whoops just realized i put this thread in the wrong forum area. This is my first glock and I just bought a 23 last week and when I racked the new gun it doesn't have the squeak. If its common for glocks I'll just let it go, it just bugs that's all.

5. glock19desertranger

I'll try frog lube, I can't get it anywhere around here I'll have to order it online.

6. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Glad to see that someone else has heard about it. My brother got some of the wax, and it's probably the best lube I've ever seen. It didn't take much at all to get it looking perfect on his Springfield Operator.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yep, there is a thread around here on the subject of FrogLube.

I personally would not benefit from it, so I do not use it (I clean with ultrasonics, and this removes all traces of lube, negating any long-term benefit, so I just stick to Gun Butter).

8. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

The drop of oil that you put on the round part of the barrel, wipe that oil all over the round part of the barrel, all the way to the back.

I also lubricate the guide rod. I take an old expired ID card, wrap an oiled patch around it, put it in between the spring coils, and turn the guide rod in my hand to get the oil between every coil.

I've always done that, no squeaky screen door sound and no problem oiling the guide rod as lightly as I do.

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

April's Fool!
    Text removed.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  10. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

I've always had that screen door sound as you rack the slide on my 1st gen G-21 (single-spring recoil spring system) also. I've always known it to be just the nature of the beast. Because it performs flawlessly, I haven't attempted to fix what isn't broken. I do, however, get a good chuckle every time I rack the slide, lol.

I've meant to start a thread about this for some time now but just never got around to it... Glad to see this. And this suggestion above? I'm gonna give that a whirl being as the added lube is so light. Any suggestion requiring any significant added amount of lube, I would personally disregard. But this suggestion above is worth the try.

Thank you, Voyager.

P.S. I'd like to know of the correct double-spring rod for a G-21 1st gen. so I can replace the single spring with the double spring.

11. glock19desertranger

I was also wondering if the aftermarket stainless steel guide rod or tungsten guide rod would eliminate that squeak? Anyone know?

12. glock19desertranger

That sounds like quite a process!

13. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

The glock squeak has gone away in all of my Glocks that have the aftermarket springs and guide rods. Never thought about it until now though. The lone glock I have with the stock setup still squeaks. (G33, just tried it Great now I got to get another guide rod! lol) See it was worth the money! :)

14. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Double you're slide speed, double your fun, double your squeak, with a double hung spring guide,:D when you run your gun!

15. glock19desertranger

I think I'll try the card/ lube on the stock guide rod first, if that doesn't fix it I might go with the aftermarket metal guide rod, not sure yet though.

16. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Try a lube like slip 2000 ewl. It sticks pretty well without attracting so much dirt. I use it on the carrier/bolt on my AR.

17. glock19desertranger

Ok I just tried the card trick and it seems to have done the "trick". I was just hesitant to lube the guide rod and spring because I know glocks take VERY little oil plus the spring can get gummed up and cause issues. I'll keep an eye on it but for now the squeak is gone! Thanks for all your suggestions.

18. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Yeah my Gen3 sqeaked when it was new. Doesn't squeak anymore though. I haven't done anything other than shot heck out of it. :dunno:

19. glock19desertranger

Maybe that was my problem....the glock was hungry and she just needs to be fed some more rounds?!?!?!

20. Yes! Like a hungry baby bird, your Glock is crying 'feed me! feed me!' haha ;)