Springfield xds

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by etbonds, Jun 18, 2012.

1. etbonds

etbonds New Member

Anybody pick up the xds since the have come out. I have a G36 but I think I'll check them out.

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Don't know about the XDS, haven't been out looking lately. But I carry the XDM 4.5 in .45 ACP. I like it a lot for a carry gun, but if I was going to target shoot with it more, I'd do a trigger job. HappySniper calls it "Mooshey Hard", which describes it pretty well. Fun to shoot, extracts well, feeds well. I took the C5L off for carry, & put a grip sleeve on it. Good, solid, gun.

Attached Files:

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I am seriously considering the XDs 45. Super nice little pistol. Maybe I can tell my wife it is for her. :) The XDm is a helluva gun too.

4. etbonds

etbonds New Member

My lgs emailed to let me know he had a couple in stock. I afraid to go look at them. I know one will follow me home.

5. cdadler

cdadler New Member

I was browsing through a local store Sunday when much to my surprise I came across an XDS. It's very nice, looking to take my buddies G36 out with it tonight or tomorrow.

6. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

The only thing about Xd's that I do not like are the grip safeties. I love how they shoot and look. My brother has the same XDM 4.5 in .45, I have not shot his yet.
    My step dad has a XDM .9mm that is very accurate.
    That grip sleeve looks bad ass, but to rely on it for carry I don't think I could.

7. AuxSix

AuxSix New Member

I played with one at my lgs today. Felt great. I love XDm's. I have an original production run xdm 40 4.5 and the 3.8 xdm compact. The XDs will be following me home. It's the size of a subcompact glock but thinner.

P.S,: Hickok45 just put out a video today for the XDs

8. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Just watched the vid. Not bad for a 3.3 inch barrel. He seemed to like it anyway, said he's going to keep it. Kinda fun watching someone shooting steel with a sub compact pocket pistol. They're making it in a bi-tone too.

9. df2dot

df2dot New Member

kinda late to this post and new to the forum but here it is

damn hickok45 : )
    he made me buy this XDS

actually its a very nice gun. i liked its grip vs stock G36 it is comfortable to aim , but firing wow. i know its a CC gun and i pocket it much easier than my G19 but you really want to hold it right when firing . you will feel it but its not bad .

the grip safety doesn't interfere , nor do i find it will be an issue. i did have some concern regarding it causing a bit of discomfort ( it really is perfectly flush ) . i think its the 45 acp vs anything else :p

i am glad i got it and you dont want to muscle the gun too much i found .

biggest concern is actually the trigger , it is defiantly designed to be a ccw.
    my rapid fire is ok with it , still have some taming to do in that dept , it is my first 45 : )

i shoot to the left an inch or two shooting bullseye, say about 2 inch groups @ 7 yards , needs some more trigger time for sure.

10. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum! The springfield's are nice...my wife carries the XD9 subcompact and she (and I) love it! if you wanted a good CC in a Glock look at the G27 or 26. They are compact and the trigger is....well "perfection":D:D
    Anyway, Enjoy the forum and please take a moment to introduce yourself and post some pictures of what you shoot in the introduction forum so everyone can welcome you.

11. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!
    I got to fire a mag through an XDS at one of the local ranges 3 or 4 weeks ago. Operated smoothly and was easy to handle despite what you would think with the caliber and the shorter barrel.

From my limited experience with it, I wouldn't right it off as a choice for .45 ACP. I have no idea how it breaks down, so I can't speak to how easy it is to maintain or clean.

D

12. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Bringin this back to life...sort of.
    I got to shoot one a while back. I really liked it. I am normally not a big XD fan, but they are still nice pistols. I wish they weren't made over seas. The XDs shoots great. At 7-10 yards, I was hitting 6-8" plates (I can't remember for sure)with ease. Not too much recoil either. I would love to get a 36 and XDs side by side to try them out.

13. I have both an XDS and a 30...I love them both...both of these guns shoot much better than I ever will...Due to the difference in thickness, the XDS may be added to my warm weather / formal attire CCW over my 30...I already have an LC9 for when I want to 'go light' in warm weather / formal attire, rather than my 26 or 19...Again, it is the thickness...the reduced capacity doesnt bother me much...I do well with shot placement...

14. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Do you have a preference between the XDs and LC9? (I am thinking future single stack XDs 9mm)

15. That is a tough one!

I like them both equally...The lc9 is just a little bit lighter and slimmer...Sorry, the only way you can really determine is to handle them both and see what works best for you.