Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Anybody pick up the xds since the have come out. I have a G36 but I think I'll check them out.
Don't know about the XDS, haven't been out looking lately. But I carry the XDM 4.5 in .45 ACP. I like it a lot for a carry gun, but if I was going to target shoot with it more, I'd do a trigger job. HappySniper calls it "Mooshey Hard", which describes it pretty well. Fun to shoot, extracts well, feeds well. I took the C5L off for carry, & put a grip sleeve on it. Good, solid, gun.

Attachments

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Don't know about the XDS, haven't been out looking lately. But I carry the XDM 4.5 in .45 ACP. I like it a lot for a carry gun, but if I was going to target shoot with it more, I'd do a trigger job. HappySniper calls it "Mooshey Hard", which describes it pretty well. Fun to shoot, extracts well, feeds well. I took the C5L off for carry, & put a grip sleeve on it. Good, solid, gun.
The only thing about Xd's that I do not like are the grip safeties. I love how they shoot and look. My brother has the same XDM 4.5 in .45, I have not shot his yet.
My step dad has a XDM .9mm that is very accurate.
That grip sleeve looks bad ass, but to rely on it for carry I don't think I could.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I played with one at my lgs today. Felt great. I love XDm's. I have an original production run xdm 40 4.5 and the 3.8 xdm compact. The XDs will be following me home. It's the size of a subcompact glock but thinner.

P.S,: Hickok45 just put out a video today for the XDs

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I played with one at my lgs today. Felt great. I love XDm's. I have an original production run xdm 40 4.5 and the 3.8 xdm compact. The XDs will be following me home. It's the size of a subcompact glock but thinner.

P.S,: Hickok45 just put out a video today for the XDs

Just watched the vid. Not bad for a 3.3 inch barrel. He seemed to like it anyway, said he's going to keep it. Kinda fun watching someone shooting steel with a sub compact pocket pistol. They're making it in a bi-tone too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
kinda late to this post and new to the forum but here it is

damn hickok45 : )
he made me buy this XDS

actually its a very nice gun. i liked its grip vs stock G36 it is comfortable to aim , but firing wow. i know its a CC gun and i pocket it much easier than my G19 but you really want to hold it right when firing . you will feel it but its not bad .

the grip safety doesn't interfere , nor do i find it will be an issue. i did have some concern regarding it causing a bit of discomfort ( it really is perfectly flush ) . i think its the 45 acp vs anything else :p

i am glad i got it and you dont want to muscle the gun too much i found .

biggest concern is actually the trigger , it is defiantly designed to be a ccw.
my rapid fire is ok with it , still have some taming to do in that dept , it is my first 45 : )

i shoot to the left an inch or two shooting bullseye, say about 2 inch groups @ 7 yards , needs some more trigger time for sure.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
kinda late to this post and new to the forum but here it is

damn hickok45 : )
he made me buy this XDS

actually its a very nice gun. i liked its grip vs stock G36 it is comfortable to aim , but firing wow. i know its a CC gun and i pocket it much easier than my G19 but you really want to hold it right when firing . you will feel it but its not bad .

the grip safety doesn't interfere , nor do i find it will be an issue. i did have some concern regarding it causing a bit of discomfort ( it really is perfectly flush ) . i think its the 45 acp vs anything else :p

i am glad i got it and you dont want to muscle the gun too much i found .

biggest concern is actually the trigger , it is defiantly designed to be a ccw.
my rapid fire is ok with it , still have some taming to do in that dept , it is my first 45 : )

i shoot to the left an inch or two shooting bullseye, say about 2 inch groups @ 7 yards , needs some more trigger time for sure.

Welcome to the forum! The springfield's are nice...my wife carries the XD9 subcompact and she (and I) love it! if you wanted a good CC in a Glock look at the G27 or 26. They are compact and the trigger is....well "perfection":D:D
Anyway, Enjoy the forum and please take a moment to introduce yourself and post some pictures of what you shoot in the introduction forum so everyone can welcome you.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I got to fire a mag through an XDS at one of the local ranges 3 or 4 weeks ago. Operated smoothly and was easy to handle despite what you would think with the caliber and the shorter barrel.

From my limited experience with it, I wouldn't right it off as a choice for .45 ACP. I have no idea how it breaks down, so I can't speak to how easy it is to maintain or clean.

D

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Bringin this back to life...sort of.
I got to shoot one a while back. I really liked it. I am normally not a big XD fan, but they are still nice pistols. I wish they weren't made over seas. The XDs shoots great. At 7-10 yards, I was hitting 6-8" plates (I can't remember for sure)with ease. Not too much recoil either. I would love to get a 36 and XDs side by side to try them out.

·
771 Posts
I have both an XDS and a 30...I love them both...both of these guns shoot much better than I ever will...Due to the difference in thickness, the XDS may be added to my warm weather / formal attire CCW over my 30...I already have an LC9 for when I want to 'go light' in warm weather / formal attire, rather than my 26 or 19...Again, it is the thickness...the reduced capacity doesnt bother me much...I do well with shot placement...

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Do you have a preference between the XDs and LC9? (I am thinking future single stack XDs 9mm)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.