Springfield XDM9 5.25 surprise

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SteveC, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SteveC

SteveC New Member

A few weeks back my partner had a health scare and I had to pick up some of his workload. I knew it would mean some extra $ and that was good 'cause I had a property tax bill that was going to seriously crimp my style. Hoped it would have a little extra to put a new handgun on layaway - wanted something with longer barrel for matches. Well, came in way better than I expected and by coincidence when I stopped into lgs for two new AR mags he showed me this. OMG.

Attached Files:

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Very Nice. I really enjoy my XDM 4.5 .45, congratulations.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

That is a sweet weapon, that exact gun is 3rd on my list at the moment. I want to get a Mossberg 500, Glock 20, and then the 5.25 Springfield XDm in 9mm in that order.

4. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I am really jacked up about shooting it tomorrow. If I didn't have a date with my 3yo granddaughter, I'd have been stopping at the house for some ammo and heading back to the range!

5. jimmyalbrecht

Lol, well at least you have your priorities straight; family first.

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

What made you get that over the G34?

7. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Longer barrel, reputation, feel in the hand

8. jimmyalbrecht

It seems like the package comes with a lot too! I want to get this gun for fun/competition. I will always carry my Glock to protect my life, but sometimes I want to have fun. I know I could buy a Glock, but there are other options out there, and to me Springfield XDms are awesome weapons!

9. SteveC

SteveC New Member

The kit is pretty nice. The holster is nothing spectacular but it's serviceable and how many guns come with one? The mags are nice to have as is the mag holder. The case is the kind of quality thing you feel like you deserve to get when you're buying something like this. I got it exactly for competition and will continue to carry my G19. Shot it today and it was awesome. Recoil is much reduced compared to the shorter Glock and accuracy was spectacular. Love the fiber optic front sight too.

10. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Very nice. Stick triggers on the XDM's are very nice too.

11. I really like the new XDS 45ACP bad boy.