Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,
lately I'm getting much interested on AR15 and I admit that I really like the Springfield Saint and the Edge, watching reviews on YT it seems that they're pretty good carbines, so I wonder if you some of you own them or just tried one of them to read about your comments.

I never shot with an AR15, but maybe I can have a chance at the end of February at a Smith&Wesson event here in Rome (M&P 15).

Thanks for reading and your opinions and have a good start of the week.

Fab

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Just wondering if Italy has barrel length laws? Can you own an AR-15 and keep at home? Magazine capacity restrictions?

I don’t have a Springfield Armory AR but they are pretty nice. I really like the shorter barrel pistol version AR-15 variants. They are easy to handle and fun. I have an 18” barrel AR for distance but I rarely go to ranges over 100 yards.

· Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering if Italy has barrel length laws? Can you own an AR-15 and keep at home? Magazine capacity restrictions?

I don’t have a Springfield Armory AR but they are pretty nice. I really like the shorter barrel pistol version AR-15 variants. They are easy to handle and fun. I have an 18” barrel AR for distance but I rarely go to ranges over 100 yards.
For what I see in the local gun shop it seems we don't have any barrel lenght restrictions or whatever and yes we can have AR-15 at home. The only doubt I got is about the magazine capacity, but I think that they sell them with a 30 round magazines.

Here's a link of an italian shop:
https://www.armeriagamba.it/carabine/semiautomatiche/springfield-saint-edge

I like the shorter barrel too, Springfield introduced a new version at Shot Show 2020 very cool, but I'd go for a 16" barrel, probably the Edge

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Hi friends,
lately I'm getting much interested on AR15 and I admit that I really like the Springfield Saint and the Edge, watching reviews on YT it seems that they're pretty good carbines, so I wonder if you some of you own them or just tried one of them to read about your comments.

I never shot with an AR15, but maybe I can have a chance at the end of February at a Smith&Wesson event here in Rome (M&P 15).

Fab
I really like my m&p 15, & M&P 10 OR!!

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Military camouflage Machine gun Air gun Trigger Plant

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Hi friends,

Fab
This is a very good gun and will serve you well. You will be able to easily modify most all parts that you would like changed (trigger, rails, optics, etc.).

Reactions: Fab

· Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious about the price of the .223 cartridge in the US, here they're some price taken from a gun store for 50 bullets.

Federal 64GR 22,77$
Fiocchi FMJ 62GR 24,94$
Geco 56GR 22,99$
Geco Target FMJ 55GR 30,36$

Anyway more expensive than 9mm (50 rounds 10,84$)

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
I'm curious about the price of the .223 cartridge in the US, here they're some price taken from a gun store for 50 bullets.

Federal 64GR 22,77$
Fiocchi FMJ 62GR 24,94$
Geco 56GR 22,99$
Geco Target FMJ 55GR 30,36$

Anyway more expensive than 9mm (50 rounds 10,84$)
I generally buy 5.56, but bought some Wolf Gold .223/55 grain for 27 cents a round. 5.56 55 or 62 grain between 25 cents (Federal with rebate) and 30 cents (IMI, Federal, Igman,Freedom). Heavier grain cost more. I have a 12.5" 1:7 twist AR and just bought some 69 grain for 40 something cents a round.

· Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I generally buy 5.56, but bought some Wolf Gold .223/55 grain for 27 cents a round. 5.56 55 or 62 grain between 25 cents (Federal with rebate) and 30 cents (IMI, Federal, Igman,Freedom). Heavier grain cost more. I have a 12.5" 1:7 twist AR and just bought some 69 grain for 40 something cents a round.
Much more cheaper than here as I thought.

· Registered
2,881 Posts
Much more cheaper than here as I thought.
I suspect those prices were for Internet purchases...A gun store may be higher. Most of the time, I see cheap .223 ammo at .30 - .35 per round, which would be $15 - 18 per 50, and better quality ammo could be double that

2,472 Posts
Place I bought my AR from is a small shop, Federal M855 30 round cans are $10, nitrogen filled cans. They threw in a can with the gun. I do buy from the internet, but we have a couple high volume stores who are very competitive.otoh, shop I bought my glocks at, about twice the price. He makes his sales on his range, so it's a box here, a box there. I can bring my own pistol ammo and slugs, but rifle needs to be bought there...I shot rifle there once lol. Guy took my box, sold me a box of identical ammo for twice what I paid, gave me back my ammo when I left. Argh..
Steel case, Tula, Wolf etc...22-24 cents a round

· Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Fab
I quote myself just not to bore with another topic, today I tried an AR for the first time, the S&W M&P Sport II and the overall is that I liked the .223 so much. I shot only 50 rounds (people in line waiting) with an optic (not red dot) that didn't excited me too much because I almost saw "black" inside maybe due to the front sight?
Apart from that I noticed an almost zero recoil and at 25/30 meters it was just impossible to miss the target (both sloped tires and the classic gun target), I felt the trigger very smooth (I can't compare with other rifles of course) and a boring spring sound on every shoot.
The .223 is fun without doubt but I'd really like to try different carbines.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
For what I see in the local gun shop it seems we don't have any barrel lenght restrictions or whatever and yes we can have AR-15 at home. The only doubt I got is about the magazine capacity, but I think that they sell them with a 30 round magazines.

Here's a link of an italian shop:
https://www.armeriagamba.it/carabine/semiautomatiche/springfield-saint-edge

I like the shorter barrel too, Springfield introduced a new version at Shot Show 2020 very cool, but I'd go for a 16" barrel, probably the Edge
The Saint Edge comes with one 30 round Pmag. 10, 20 and 30 round Pmags and even Hi-cap round drums readily available easily and inexpensively.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
I quote myself just not to bore with another topic, today I tried an AR for the first time, the S&W M&P Sport II and the overall is that I liked the .223 so much. I shot only 50 rounds (people in line waiting) with an optic (not red dot) that didn't excited me too much because I almost saw "black" inside maybe due to the front sight?
Apart from that I noticed an almost zero recoil and at 25/30 meters it was just impossible to miss the target (both sloped tires and the classic gun target), I felt the trigger very smooth (I can't compare with other rifles of course) and a boring spring sound on every shoot.
The .223 is fun without doubt but I'd really like to try different carbines.
Usually if your seeing Black it’s because it’s a scope and you’re not perfectly aligned with your eye to the center of the scope. It’s annoying.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Usually if your seeing Black it’s because it’s a scope and you’re not perfectly aligned with your eye to the center of the scope. It’s annoying.
I had the same problem with a scope and yes it's very annoying. I even looked to see if it was on backwards :p Turns out, It needed to be mounted a little higher and I'm no alien or Elephant man, lol, :confused:

2,472 Posts
ler scopes are demanding I've found. I've handed my M1a Scout off to friends who have scoped rifles, and sat back and smiled as they get this quizzical look while moving their head in different direction. 2-7x 24 , around 8" eye relief.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.