Glock Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.
I saw this Springfield GI 1911 .45 today used for $450 with one 7 round mag.
This has been in my mind since I saw it this afternoon because I do not have a 1911 and most are higher price. I would need to put it on lay-a-way if they offer it. I need to look it up and find more info about it as well as reviews, but reviews I saw quickly looked good.

What do you think? What do you know about this
Springfield 1911 GI .45

image-670756693.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I just watched a couple videos. I guess it is a good 1911 beginner to learn gun smithing with, accurate shooting but not 100 percent reliable but it can be up graded with new springs, trigger and sightsand better grips to become a a nice 1911.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,924 Posts
You need to shoot one in that configuration( small grip safety) I need a beavertail grip safety. I get hammer bit with the original style even to the point of bleeding. Also beware of used 1911's at good prices. I've seen many that appeared OK but had been altered( trigger, hammer, safeties, main spring housings) and either FTF, FTE, can fire without grip safety depressed, go full auto. Most gun people will let you try their guns and can explain the advantages and disadvantages of certain modifications or features on 1911's.

·
No warning shots here
457 Posts
I have a Springfield Loaded Lightweight Champion. Which is basically a suped of version of the GI model and it runs like a workhorse. Be careful though if you get that one it isn't going to be your only 1911 you buy. Also you can't beat the trigger pull on a 1911. Plus Springfield has great customer service that can't be beat, so good I almost was going to get a xdm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts