Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for those experiences that we have while out and about living our own lives, when we spot another person who is carrying "Concealed."
In some states it is illegal to "flash" your gun, even accidently, and the consequences can be severe if caught or reported to law enforcement.
I want these to be observations about what the other person was doing or doing wrong so we can all learn from their mistakes and not be "made."

·
Happy Member :)
5,234 Posts
I saw a guy riding a sport bike once and he had his firearm tucked in the small of his back..and the wind when riding was lifting his shirt up so needless to say it was concealed anymore. I've also seen people sit down and when their pant leg rises it shows their ankle gun. Just a few that I've seen.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was filling up at a gas station whan I noticed the guy on the other side of the pump was cleaning his windshield. I went about my business for a moment but turnd back and looked again. Every time he leaned across to pull the squeegie across the glass, the bottom half of his Fobus holster and the muzzle of his gun were being exposed at the bottom of his untucked polo. The shirt was obviously too tight (but wasn't printing) cuz he kept tugging at it before I ever saw the gun. That was why I took a second look.

Luckily for him OC is leagal in Pa, so no harm no foul. I decided not to say anything to him because of this, however, as I was pulling out I looked in my rearview and noticed he was from out of state... Maybe I SHOULD HAVE

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was at church the other day and one of the guys came up to me and let me know that I was showing.

When I got out of the car my IWB holster had shifted. Instead of being at 3:30 or so it was at 3:00. I put it in the right place and pulled my belt a little tighter.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I see a couple of guys and 1 gal consistently at the supermarket near my house that CC, but seem to be very uncomfortable doing it. They tug at their clothing a lot, etc. I'd say carry enough "concealed" at home so you're at the point where it's "Second nature" and you don't even know it's their. Otherwise, if you're always fiddling with it, people know you're CCing.

D

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Fortunately here in Tennessee we get issued a "Handgun Carry Permit" that will allow open or concealed carry. Of course it's only logical to carry concealed but if I really wanted to I could open carry legally as well. It would, however, look rather odd since no one open carries here and it always draws the eyes of the local folk when someone does. Nothing like when I lived in AZ. and open carried a Ruger Redhawk or Super Blackhawk in a crossdraw holster. Most folks didn't give it a second look unless they were the "snow birds" from Canada. Then they'd look at me like I just had a baby for lunch.:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have seen a few "preening" or always fiddling with their guns, saw one fella trying to hide a full size 1911 with no success, he was about 145 with a OWB holster and tight tee shirt over it???? I saw a lady who had her gun in a pocketbook and the grip was showing. I saw a fella with a bug in his pocket printing badly with no holster :eek:

I have been made once (that I know of ) when someone bumped into me Christmas shopping, the look on his face when he realized what he felt was....Priceless.

This is a great thread, the wife and myself play the who is carrying game all of the time, the punks are the ones who scare me.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I have been made once (that I know of ) when someone bumped into me Christmas shopping, the look on his face when he realized what he felt was....Priceless.
Freaking awesome!!! I open carry all the time, Even at that I have only been made a couple times… LOL I live in Phoenix.

The snow birds from canada will give you the look…

I have seen plenty of people at walmart, one was really pathetic, he had it tucked in his waistband under a wifebeater… ***

I have one guy at church that is always carrying but i have yet to spot it!!!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Levelcross said:
I would have looked the guy in the eye, put my finger to my lips and say:
Shhhhh.....
Given him a crooked smile and walk away.

ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm still pretty new to carrying, but I haven't been caught yet.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry

My brother and I are kind of on a buddy system. I'll make sure you're not showing if you make sure I'm not showing.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
One of my fellow officers pocketed his Glock 22 and went to the Winternational Drags, and sat in the aluminum bleachers about 15 rows above me. Well, it slipped out of his pocket and slid down all 30 rows of bleachers with every row screaming "GUN!" I was so embarrassed for him, especially when the local police returned it to him with a tongue lashing!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
havasu said:
One of my fellow officers pocketed his Glock 22 and went to the Winternational Drags, and sat in the aluminum bleachers about 15 rows above me. Well, it slipped out of his pocket and slid down all 30 rows of bleachers with every row screaming "GUN!" I was so embarrassed for him, especially when the local police returned it to him with a tongue lashing!
You have got to be kidding me!!! That is a story.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
havasu said:
Holy crap I would have been soooo embarrassed

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
I have had friends and family members play hit me on my side (3,4,and 5 oclock positions) and swat my glock and get mad at me for it but in a jokingly way.

I had a girl get frisky and smack my rear once and hit my lcp. The look was priceless lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
RRoss said:
I was filling up at a gas station whan I noticed the guy on the other side of the pump was cleaning his windshield. I went about my business for a moment but turnd back and looked again. Every time he leaned across to pull the squeegie across the glass, the bottom half of his Fobus holster and the muzzle of his gun were being exposed at the bottom of his untucked polo. The shirt was obviously too tight (but wasn't printing) cuz he kept tugging at it before I ever saw the gun. That was why I took a second look.

Luckily for him OC is leagal in Pa, so no harm no foul. I decided not to say anything to him because of this, however, as I was pulling out I looked in my rearview and noticed he was from out of state... Maybe I SHOULD HAVE
So what if I like wearing tight polos, don't judge me! :p

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
A fellow shopper in a FL. Squat-and-Gobble wearing a lesure/running suit (but obviously not a runner) had his piece hanging well outside the upper garment. Knowing opencarry was not available at the time I mention that his pistol was showing. His reply, "Oh, thanks but it's OK we can open carry here." Just went about my business and looked for LEO clues of which I never saw.

It didn't seem to bother other folks or they were just dumb to the fact he had a gun.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I'm sorry for asking, but what is a "squat and gobble?"
Hey that's OK, I get that a lot!

McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King kind of franchises is where I apply the term but it can mean any small resturants that are usually enjoyed by the locals.

We have aresturant near here actually named Squat and Gobble a link:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...s-Squat_N_Gobble-Bluffton_South_Carolina.html

Forgot to add, read some of the reviews, wow that says it all!
I have eaten there too. Good food! It was said that Dolly Parton visited the place once but that might be folk lore....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts