Spit Shine

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by bryant, Feb 21, 2012.

1. So what is your preferred choice of polish? Kiwi, Kiwi Parade Gloss, Lincoln Wax, Johnston & Murphy, etc? I've used Kiwi black since I joined the Army (2001) and have always had good results, but am always on the lookout for something better.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Kiwi has always been my polish of choice...

3. I use Mothers. Customers love my shine!

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

wrong type of polish ;)

5. bhale187

I like kiwi parade and I use about any edge dressing, haven't found one that really stands out

6. Oh son of a......for my boots i use Pledge furniture polish. Best thing haa

7. bhale187

I know pledge works great on clarino shoes. Does it work on leather too?

8. Sure does. Been using it ony original swats for years

9. regular old black Kiwi was always what i used for a mirror finish. It's been about 8 years since i shined a pair of boots though. When the Army went to the tan suede boots I was a little upset about the fact that they took away the standard of shining boots. It didn't take me long to figure out what a great idea it was when I started thinking about all the time i had wasted over the 11 years i did shine them.

10. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

Kiwi and water (to drink - use spit on the boots) with either cotton balls or a baby diaper (a real one, not a disposable) and a candle.

11. Sethican

Sethican New Member

I don't recall ever using anything but parade gloss. I did use some leather luster on some jump boots while I was in the Air Force.

12. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

I agree with Sarabian, Kiwi, spit and alot of elbow grease. I actually use a lighter on my polish this allows the leather pores to open up and creates a better base for the high luster shine. I then sparingly use spit to work my shine to a mirror finish. When I did this in the Corps before we went to the cloth boots, you could see your finger nail in them. I loved and miss spit shinning boots.

13. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

Thinking about it a bit more, though, reminds me that my sergeant always used to ask if I polished my boots with a Hershey bar, so I guess I'll have to list that.

14. people always wonder why i smell lemony fresh