Southland

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MarinewithaGlock, May 10, 2012.

1. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

I've seen threads about Walking Dead and some other shows. Has anyone seen SouthLAnd? It comes on TNT. I think it originally aired one season on NBC but was dropped and then TNT picked up the rights and has ran two seasons so far. I think it is one of the best shows out. A step above Justified which is saying something for a Kentucky boy. Everyone's thoughts?

2. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Haven't seen the latest season but saw the others. The patrol parts are the most realistic and good, the detective parts are a little silly.

3. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

The detective parts are a little scripted but they have to get a case solved in an hr. I really like how they start with a significant event and then a LEO advice statement then go back and show what led up to that event. Kinda like a Tarantino thing but better.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I love the show! I was really disappointed when I thought it was permanently gone after season 1. I think it's one of the best, grittiest, most realistic of the cop shows. I like shows where they get the little details right...where people run out of ammo and have to reload, when they actually call in on the radio, where the badge is on the correct side of the shirt...I think it might have been Season 1 of Southland that they put their badges on the right side of their shirts instead of the left. Whatever show it was, it drove me NUTS.

5. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I'm glad it left network tv and went to cable, lots more they can do and get away with it.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Southland is my favorite "man" show right now since "The Unit" is no longer on the air. I think "Southland" is the most realistic police show on TV. From an officer's perspective it's awesome.

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I also like Southland. It is as about as close to real life patrol that I have seen.

8. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Southland is a pretty good show.

9. I just started watching SouthLAnd (as they like to stylize it) this week. Got through season 1 in a hurry and I can't get enough.