Sorry, but this guy got hurt being an idiot.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by audiophile, Aug 27, 2013.

1. audiophile

audiophile Killer of all things donut............

2. Perfection45

Perfection45 Just another day in paradise!

So while this guy is shooting at the car that the people who just robbed him are in, cops just roll up behind him and shoot him, and don't even say to drop the gun or anything?

3. Ding

Ding Active Member

Hmmm, makes you wonder IF the police ordered the store owner to drop his weapon or not. Nothing about that exchange was reported. Just another FUBAR by local law enforcement. UGH!

4. mgardner

mgardner Member

The store owner was under great stress and focused on the threat so I'd doubt he could hear anything including the siren. These officers are so instilled with the notion that their job is dangerous that they tend to overreact for their own safety. In actuality LEO doesn't make the top 10 list of dangerous jobs that may get you killed. Garbage man and taxi driver do though. :confused:

5. audiophile

audiophile Killer of all things donut............

The biggest issue I have is that they (idiot bad guys) were driving away which means the threat was retreating. By OK law, deadly force is no longer justifiable at that point. The owner should not have continued shooting out into the street.
    Since this is a local story, I will see what the statement is when released by OKCPD and see if he was ordered to drop the weapon. They have dash cams and it will be interesting to see if it was captured on video. I will keep you posted.