Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldest son is turning13 this Thursday and so happens a friend of mine was selling a brand new never fired Colt 22lr pistol. For 350 and would allow me to make payments on it and give me the gun before I paid it all off... How could anyone resist! my boy wants to get into competitive target shooting ( where can I find a JR. League??) and I think this will be quality father son bonding time! I am so excited, he really wanted the Ruger MKIII/22 but it was almost 600 and between you and I I think this one is nicer and easy slide will help him out... What do you all think? It is not a Glock but good for his smaller grip and good starter gun?

Attachments

·
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oregon23 said:
That's a sweet little gun he will be stoked. Your a pretty cool dad.
Thanks that means a lot!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
No prob man I'll tell you what my dad is the best guy I know and it's made me the guy I em today. Things like that new 22 when your 13 change your life. Seems small but it dose and I'll beat not many of his buddy's will have s sweet gun like that.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Way to go Dad.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Man! I wish my Dad would have done that for me!! Way to go DAD!

·
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me three. I think for me as I had an absent father even when he was around was not a very good one. Not that I am griping he gave me a great example the one not to follow. I just do the opposite. My dad had guns I never shot with him not once, he had many rifles and not once did he take me out to shoot those either... So for me it is do the things I wished my dad had done for / with me... So my sons can have it better than I did.

·
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TampaBaySean said:
Very cool ! Where do you live ?
Phoenix, Az really need to find him a league that we can join together!

·
Registered
441 Posts
My dad gave me a broom stick when I was 13 to play baseball in the Dominican Republic.... Yeah, I never made it.

Great Job Dad!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool gift Dad !!!

I'm sure you'll both have a blast

PS the GSG 1911 .22lr is also a nice piece for cheap...

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Way to go. It's good your son has the interest. I would have loved if my dad took me shooting let alone BOUGHT me a gun.
My son is on the high school rifle team and I can hardly get him to go shoot with me. Maybe it's me. Post some pics after you go shooting.

John Bender: You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner f*^%#in year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny."

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one of those, ironically my dad gave it to me when they came out. Mine is very accurate as I love to shoot plates at 25 yrds with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts