Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent this to me, I wish I could show every person in this nation and also think this should be the kind of thing kids learn in history and world culture classes... I don't know that anyone vcan say 56 million died because of gun control as this does, but they may have lived...

Font Number Document Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(may have lived had there not been gun control in their country durning that time)

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I posted a "response" of sorts here:
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f25/little-gun-history-8547/

At least regarding the Chinese portion of this article, historic context is not exactly correct. It's trying to stretch something that occurred during a civil war/Japanese occupation with something that occured during the Communist regime.

The core message is the same: an unarmed citizenry cannot protect itself from a tyrannical government.

If you (the general "you" not the OP in particular) ever use these historical snippets in an argument with someone Anti-2a, historical perspective needs to be taken in to account. Otherwise, you'll lose credibility.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted a "response" of sorts here:
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f25/little-gun-history-8547/

At least regarding the Chinese portion of this article, historic context is not exactly correct. It's trying to stretch something that occurred during a civil war/Japanese occupation with something that occured during the Communist regime.

The core message is the same: an unarmed citizenry cannot protect itself from a tyrannical government.

If you (the general "you" not the OP in particular) ever use these historical snippets in an argument with someone Anti-2a, historical perspective needs to be taken in to account. Otherwise, you'll lose credibility.

Just a thought.
Agreed... I actually meant to state these are for thought only - as you can see a slight 'bias' in the premise alone - that you cannot state directly these people died 'from being disarmed.' Just that, in general, we are safer being armed. That said, what does one do when faced with drones, tanks, fighter jets, and the like? I know I'm not going up against any of these with my handgun... and that's all I own - times are changing!

As for arguing on the Internet (or otherwise), I don't bother. If someone is truly interested in my point of view I will discuss, but it seems that 'we' have become so polarized that many (most?) people who WILL (do) ARGUE just want a pissing contest - I left that kind of activity behind in my 20's & 30's... no time for wasted time.

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
I agree facts are important. If there are inaccuracies, you go from making a point or statement to backpedaling and defending your intent.

I am not faulting you, PeacefulWarrior for posting it, the content needs to soak in with some people. The people who create these pictures really don't need to fudge the facts. You see it all the time with political emails and facebook posts. All of them have some fact but there is usually enough bad with a particular issue that embellishing is unnecessary.

The bottom line though is, when there is gun control "the people" lose. Gun control is bad for everyone except the ones who wish to do the controlling and in the long run, it's bad for them too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bottom line is the point. Likely, my friend got this from Facebook. I deactivated my Facebook account recently... too many false arguments, divisions, and too many people trying to 'one-up' everyone else.
I should have 'authenticated' this before posting, but have trust in who it came from. This is why I tend to not post statistics and the like... seems we live in a world where so many bend and twist things to fit their views and goals.
I'll leave this up... people still need to be reminded that disarmament is never acceptable. If they ever try it here, it likely means tyranny follows... I keep wondering why homeland security feels the need for hundreds of millions of .40 hollow point ammo & mobile bullet proof check points. What are they planning/expecting in this country. They are not for use outside of our borders... as a (former) soldier, I am concerned at the 'tactical preparations' I've seen being made in the past year...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brash_N_Sassy said:
Very interesting. What they failed to mention is that during these time periods, there were wars happening.
(sarcastically, but not toward you), when are wars not happening. Not lol!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.