Someone tried to break into my truck!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gun_Aficionado, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

First off no I did not witness or shoot anyone. But two nights ago some arsehole or arseholes decided to attempt to break into my truck. I did hear my alarm but had been sick and NyQuil did not help. It was faint or that is how i heard it and it shut itself off, so did not get up to check, normally I would have with my Glock in hand. I would have let both my boxers out the front door with a " go get em" command and would have followed shortly after with Glock drawn, and based on tool marks on truck likely crow bar, as it left real nice hole under the door handle and split some sheet metal. They where there for a while as there where tool marks on both doors. Not that I want to shoot anyone but man you don't phuck with a man's truck! They did not get in or take anything, but man I was pissed at myself and the arseholes... Now question time what would you do same situation not sick no NyQuil????

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

That's got to be one of the longest run on sentences I even seen...

3. I was thinking the same thing:D

4. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah English as second language. Bad grammar thank apple for spell check!

5. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Top funny. Lol!

6. TheKraken

I meant to say To funny. Lol!

7. Gun_Aficionado

Ok edited for punctuation!

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

or "too funny"? :p

9. SHOOTER13

OK...let's give this guy a break !! He's obviously upset over the near theft and destruction of his property.

Thanks for editing the original post...

Can anybody offer an honest opinion of what they would do in the same situation ?!

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

If it was me, I would probably go out to inspect my truck, flashlight and handgun in hand, but gun hidden like in a sweater pocket or behind my leg.

I would probably warn them to stop what they were doing, in as loud a voice as possible, and yell at them to get off my vehicle and off my property. If they tried to approach me (which is a very aggressive move), armed as they were with a crowbar, I would have presented and fired once they close to within 21 feet (the legal distance in NV law).

Incidents like this happen at least a couple times a year in Northern Nevada, several times resulting in the thief/attacker being killed. To my knowledge, in no instance has the homeowner been charged for the shooting and/or the killing.

I would be very, very careful in what I do and act (gestures) because I have 11 video cameras covering the outside of my house, 6 of them covering the driveway and sidewalk, so I cannot do one thing and tell police I did something else.

11. Gun_Aficionado

Not upset anymore, but wondering how some of you folks would handle? Call LEO's first??

12. SHOOTER13

11 cameras....really ?! Wow...nice !

13. Gun_Aficionado

I like that thanks.

14. TheKraken

I would grab my Gen 4 g22 with the tactical strobe light and red dot laser and come out of the house screaming. If anything, it would scare the crap out of him/them.

15. SHOOTER13

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...!!

It up to you to protect you, your family, and your property.

Then you gotta ask yourself...are material things worth a bloody

confrontation ? These are things everyone should think about before a

situation like this occurs...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  16. Gun_Aficionado

Lol. My g17 g4 has ltg-736 and lg-850 from crimson trace. So that is an option!!!

17. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Honestly in the same situation, assuming I caught them, I'd probably walk out and make noise before drawing. At least give my attorney a chance to say I tried non-lethal force first lol. I can draw and drop two shots to center mass in like 1.5 seconds so unless I saw them with guns in hand I'd wait to draw.

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yep, wired to a 16-camera H.264 DVR with a backup DVR somewhere else in the house.

Sparks PD has used my video several times, in two instances that I know of, they resolved one crime (kidnapping) and identified the perp in another crime (serial home invader and rapist preying on elderly women living alone).

Myself, my H2 Hummer was broken into by 2 juveniles at night, right in my driveway (does not fit into the garage), but I got their faces, and their getaway car (plate unreadable, though). Turned over copies of the videos from 4 of the 6 front-facing cameras to SPD, and also gave it to the 3 local TV channels, and offered a bounty: if you know who this is, call Sparks PD, and if it is them I will pay $1,000 no questions asked. Four days later I get a call from Det Valenti (assigned to the case), and he said to pay up, they got a tip the next day, and just the day before arrested 5 juveniles, one of whom had a lot of stolen items from other vehicles and owned the black Ford explorer with custom chrome rims and Raiders decal on the rear windshield. I paid up, and lumped it into my insurance claim together with the damages to the vehicle, and the insurance company went after them. Of the 5, 4 were convicted. After the last of the 4 were convicted, we sued all of their parents for parental neglect leading to juvenile misconduct. The Ford was taken by the city, since the damage to the Hummer exceeded felony value.

19. SHOOTER13

Damn...

good job my friend !!

20. Gun_Aficionado

Agreed on all points. The main prob as once in truck then access to garage door opener. Now BG has access to house where family sleeps. Not as important but important in garage my 66 mustang conv, and 68 firebird.... So in this case no big they did not get in and the hole is repairable. Along with lesson I have rv gates so truck now sleeps in back yard!